Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Prayerbone
Prayerbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura simple question and now pinhole issues

Hi just brought the Aura waited a while for all the issues to iron out, I'm basically happy accept one issue...

With the light on I seem to get a boarder round the edge a slightly different shade around 5-10 mm wide..

Thanks in advance andy

Ps sorry if this as been asked before tried the search tool

Last edited by Prayerbone; 11-30-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Prayerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine has the same thing, so I suspect it's normal. It doesn't interfere with reading, so I never worried about it.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
CairnsRock
CairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blueCairnsRock can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo aura
I hadn't noticed it before. I see what you mean though. No big deal for me. As I said, I had to go looking for it. Very, very faint.
CairnsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
Prayerbone

Thanks guys...Totally loving it , the aura snuck under my radar for a while, had the mini and always like the size but wanted a light, think the aura fills that gap , wonderful little ereader!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
In a certain range of light levels, mid range, I see a very slightly darker border around the edges, maybe 3 mm if that. No difference in colour shade, just darker. It's outside of the text area and I usually use the light either lower (night-time) or higher (in bright surroundings) than the range in which this appears for me.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #6
Prayerbone

After reading the forum and sites about known issues, I thought I was in the clear ,but notice one pinhole on mine (when extra bright you can see a little pinhole of white light)....

I wasn't going to replace it but thought why not £80 a lot to me , and things should work as a company advertise...long story short exchanged 3 all had dead pixel/pinhole type issues as did a paperwhite I tried out..

Really annoying cause once you know it's there your always looking for it grrrrrrr seems to me you either put up with it or exchanged over and over.....just brought fourth home and notice 3 little white dots might have to put up with it...

Last edited by Prayerbone; 11-30-2014 at 04:39 PM.