Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Talking Horse
Talking Horse began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura
set up for 2 people

I am a newbie and just ordered our first ereader, a KOBO Aura.

1 I would like to be able to have both my spouse and I download books from our separate public library accounts. Is there a guide already posted about this?

2. I would also like to read books that I have downloaded using torrents.
Are there steps to be aware of and avoid in the initial setup and registration?

Tx
Talking Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kobo (like other ADE based devices) only supports a single ADE account.

As far as I know though, the only connection between an ADE account and a Library account is the ID associated with ADE on a computer. When you download material from a library you download an ACSM file, and when this file is opened by ADE then and only then is the ePub associated with an ADE ID.

So as long as both of you either use the same computer or if you have separate computers associate the same ADE ID with each one, you should have no problem at all.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie questions