Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
MO74
MO74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question "double tap" bookmark not working

To bookmark a page I have successfully been double tapping in the upper right hand corner, which makesa little turn over icon mark there.

All of a sudden this feauture is not working.

I know I can reset with the little button on the bottom - just wondering if anyone else has had this issue ?
MO74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
I usually have to triple tap for it to recognize adding a bookmark.
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
There was another thread stating that maybe there is some debris between the aluminum trim and the touch screen causing the reader to "think" that some point of the display is allready pressed. Try to use a small needle or toothpick to clean out the little space between the trim and display. It helped the other guy on the other thread.

I sometimes have to doubletap multiple times, too, but I have a feeling that it's a matter of timing in the doubletap. On one book on SD-Card I had the problem of time lag (SD-Card works slower than internal memory).
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by edembowski View Post
I usually have to triple tap for it to recognize adding a bookmark.
I too have noticed that it takes a triple tap for me to bookmark pages.
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmark, tap