Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read or avoid books recommended by Oprah Winfrey?
I avoid the book specifically based on her recommendation. 38 24.36%
I read the book specifically based on her recommendation. 3 1.92%
Who is Oprah Winfrey? 19 12.18%
I read books interesting to me regardless of whether Oprah recommended or not 96 61.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #121
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Who is Oprah Winfrey?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #122
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I recently learned that Cassie Edwards, the top selling Native American romance author, was caught plagiarizing. Here's an article from one of the people she copied:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/94543
Umm, errr... Reading that I must admit my reaction starts out quite ambivalent but in the end turns to

-MJ

Last edited by mjh215; 12-30-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I speel ther4 I am
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #123
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Umm, errr... Reading that I must admit my reaction starts out quite ambivalent but in the end turns to

-MJ
I thought that the ending was hilarious, he took the whole thing in stride.

I mean, that is BAD plagiarism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Who is Oprah Winfrey?
A talk show host that has so many followers she probably would win if she ran for President.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #124
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
A talk show host that has so many followers she probably would win if she ran for President.
Sounds horrible!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #125
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Sounds horrible!
They really didn't mention the Tom Cruise couch jumping incident in the UK???
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #126
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
They really didn't mention the Tom Cruise couch jumping incident in the UK???
the what ??
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #127
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the what ??
Oh you europeans....

My copy and paste is broken, do a youtube seach. You'll thank me later

You at least know who Tom Cruise is, right?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #128
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh you europeans....

My copy and paste is broken, do a youtube seach. You'll thank me later
wow. litteral couch-jumping. he looks like he is insane, or on crack, or something. what was wrong with him ?? although to be honest, i'm not sure who on that show was the most insane. you did notice the audience, didn't you ???

Quote:
You at least know who Tom Cruise is, right?
hmm... wasn't he the guy who wrote the song that makes the whole world sing ? no, no, i know, he's the guy who invented pre-sliced cheese ! right ??
Old 12-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #129
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
wow. litteral couch-jumping. he looks like he is insane, or on crack, or something. what was wrong with him ??
The power of Xenu compels him...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #130
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
wow. litteral couch-jumping. he looks like he is insane, or on crack, or something. what was wrong with him ??
Must have been a bad clam...

Quote:
although to be honest, i'm not sure who on that show was the most insane. you did notice the audience, didn't you ???
I was trying not to - they scared me!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #131
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
The power of Xenu compels him...

-MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Must have been a bad clam...
uh huh. uh huh. no idea who xenu is but either one of those sounds plausible.
Quote:
I was trying not to - they scared me!
i know ! and that poor girl, when he went tearing off and dragged her out there, did you see the grip he had on her arms ??? sort of "mad terrorist chooses one hostage to be a human shield" sort of grip.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #132
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
uh huh. uh huh. no idea who xenu is but either one of those sounds plausible.
The two are related

(Google operation clambake - Tom Cruise is a Scientologist)

Quote:
i know ! and that poor girl, when he went tearing off and dragged her out there, did you see the grip he had on her arms ??? sort of "mad terrorist chooses one hostage to be a human shield" sort of grip.
I was rather hoping she'd hit him, instead of giggling like a loon and looking at one point like she was going to kiss him.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #133
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
The two are related

(Google operation clambake - Tom Cruise is a Scientologist)
heh. i see now. i'm actually even more scared than before.

Quote:
I was rather hoping she'd hit him, instead of giggling like a loon and looking at one point like she was going to kiss him.
she did kiss him, several times, in the clip i saw. weird. i guess the aliens have got her too.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #134
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

The version of this video where lightning bolts are coming out of his hands is fantastic.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #135
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
The version of this video where lightning bolts are coming out of his hands is fantastic.