Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Books sent by Calibre listed but not showing up

Hi - I was directed here by the Calibre site. I have already posted this problem yesterday in the Nook forum.
I have a new Nook Glowlight Plus. I sent many books to the device using Calibre. Of these, 27 are listed in the My Files folder on the device itself when I open the folder in Explorer, but do not show up in My Files in the Library on the device with the other books.
I did some experimenting with one of the books. I converted it epub to epub. I converted it epub to pdf. I went back and removed the book from Calibre and added it again and resent it to the device. Nothing I did made the book show up.
Some of the books are part of a series and some are not. Some of the books are additional books by the same author and some are the only book by that author. I cannot find any pattern.
All of these books show up on my older Simple Touch.
Some of the 27 books came from B&N and they show up under the Books folder to be downloaded, but I had wanted to put them in using Calibre into My Files so they could be removed when I finished the book.
I have looked through the forum under Calibre and under Nook and can't find any ideas that help.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

update: I was able to get one of the 27 to show up by by putting a new copy in Cablibre and sending it to the device. This did not work with a second book.

Something that is maddening: When I press the home button and book covers start flashing past on New and Recent in My Library, the covers of some of the books that are listed in the My Files folder but not showing up on the device flash past.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's likely that one of those books has something in it that is causing the Nook indexer to crash/stop processing the rest. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which one. First thing I would do is delete them all. Disocnnect your Nook. Do an epub to epub conversion for all of them. Then resend them. If that still does not work, then your only recourse is to send them one by one and see which is the problem book.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
tas03
Zealot

kovidgoyal - thanks for your reply. The problem is worse than I thought - there are over 40 books that Calibre says are on the device that don't show up. Their epubs are in the My Files folder on the GLP, and when I add a book that does show up, the covers of the books that did not show up flash by on the New & Recent in My Library on the home page and also on the top of the My Files window if I am on that screen.

I went back and tried adding these books one at a time. I tried the converting epub to epub on some of them. I opened some of them with ADE and put them in the ADE library and tried copy/paste from there. Nothing worked.

When I add one that does not show up, the covers of the other books that did not show up flash by like they do when I add a book that does show up.

Four of the books are from Amazon. I have 49 books from them so 45 did transfer to the GLP.

I called B&N support and was told the only way to sideload books onto the GLP was if it was a library book. She said I should download the B&N books so they would show up in the Books section of the library. I told her I wanted to sideload them because the GLP did not have as much storage capacity as a Simple Touch. She repeated the only way to sideload was a library book through ADE. I told her that is not what the manual said. She simply repeated herself.

All of these books, everyone of them, sideloaded onto my Nook Simple Touch.

I really like the GLP for various reasons. The B&N books that would not load through Calibre I downloaded into the Books section. I guess that Amazon books I'll have to read on the simple touch.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
tas03
Zealot

I was able to get the rest of the B&N books to show up. I created a new folder called Books inside the My Files folder. When I copy/pasted the epubs there, they showed up. It was a dragged out process - the GLP kept disconnecting. They also not show up in Calibre as being on the GLP. No luck with the rest of the Amazon books.