Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is an internal cover necessary in a mobi file uploaded to Kindle?

When I create an epub I convert it to a mobi file using Kindlegen. In the past I have always included a cover.xhtml file in the epub. Am I right in thinking that the internal cover file is redundant when converting to a mobi for upload to Kindle because Amazon generates the internal cover for the book from the catalog file that is uploaded separately?
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
If you are going to upload that mobi to the kindle store, specs says that you DON'T have to generate the cover. Read Amazon Guide Lines
And, also, when you upload the cover this should be in High Quality, 300dpi recommended.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
I did search for the information using the "help" facility but couldn't come up with the answer. Perhaps I was not using the appropriate terms. But you have answered that question, so thank you. I was able to find information on the cover dimensions and notice that the ideal dimensions are now 2820 x 4500 and the resolution preferably 350dpi.
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote