Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
smee
smee began at the beginning.

Device: none
set default ebook viewer window size?

Is there any way to configure the ebook viewer so that it always comes up initially with a specific window size?

I'm running on an EEE with a 1024x600 display and the standard size is just a little too large vertically. I'd like to have it come up a little smaller.

Obviously, I can resize it but I end up doing it every time.

I'm running 0.5.10, by the way.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket requesting this featre and I'll implement it when I have some time
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
silenykrecek
silenykrecek began at the beginning.

Device: PDA
As new user to Calibre I was investigating this subject (but because I wanted it larger, hihi) ... for those looking into it in future:

for me worked just to run E-book viewer from start menu (ie. just run it empty), check "Remember window size" in preferences (along with other settings I wanted as defaults), and then close it. It worked same way as if "setting defaults" function. Hinted to do this by sherman in this thread

(feel free to delete this if I missed it elsewhere or ... )

and oh, by the way, nice work kovidgoyal !!

Last edited by silenykrecek; 10-02-2010 at 02:30 PM.
silenykrecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenykrecek View Post
As new user
As a new user please don't start answering every question in 18 month old threads. Calibre was at least 70 versions removed from where it is now and answering these is counter productive and just clutters up the forum.

Of course if you have a question, tip, statement or experience you'd like to share feel free to start a new thread (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newthread.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	59228  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-02-2010 at 07:27 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote