Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #511
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Oh you guys really hit a nerve. I hate when authors update their stories mainly for all the reasons you listed above but I also can't stand when I read a book years ago and the author then Christianfies it later. Lori Copeland, Whinnie Greggs I am talking to you!

Just write something new but leave the old stuff alone. Geesh.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #512
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I am on an audiobook kick, and they can take my budget and laugh in my face. If it weren't for all of you keeping me sane, I would be so out on the street!

Auntykatkat
Did you get the free $5 promo for the other day? I somehow wound up with $10 I think they gave me an extra $5 due to their site being down or something I bought a bunch of Julia London contemporaries with it. I had gotten the ebooks when they were 99 cents the same day.

Oh Julie Ann Walker's In Rides Trouble is now available on audio. :d Picked that up and I picked up 3 for 2 in the Mystery Sale.

Under Fire by Rita Henuber, Black Ice by Anne Stuart and Untraceable by Laura Griffin
Advert
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #513
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Did you get the free $5 promo for the other day? I somehow wound up with $10 I think they gave me an extra $5 due to their site being down or something I bought a bunch of Julia London contemporaries with it. I had gotten the ebooks when they were 99 cents the same day.

Oh Julie Ann Walker's In Rides Trouble is now available on audio. :d Picked that up and I picked up 3 for 2 in the Mystery Sale.

Under Fire by Rita Henuber, Black Ice by Anne Stuart and Untraceable by Laura Griffin
I did, but only the $5. I spent it on 3 of the Whispersync's that we got for free: #1 is just because I couldn't get over the title and when I found out I had it in my kindle library & I hadn't read it yet, I had to get it...Her Husband's Harlot for 1.99; Game, Set, Match for .99 and Twice in a Lifetime( a time travel ) for 1.99

This 5 dollar gift help me not got over budget since I had to go through the hassle of canceling my debit card, getting a new one due to fraudulent charges. Still waiting on the whole mess to clear up.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #514
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE @ Amazon:

Come the Dawn (The Dangerous Delameres - Book 2) - Christina Skye
-regency
-book orig. published by Dell in 1995

Bride of a Stranger (Classic Gothics Collection) - Jennifer Blake
-gothic, 1800's
-book orig. published by Fawcett in 1977 as Jennifer Blake (and 1974 as Patricia Maxwell)

The Warrior's Maiden - Denise Domning
-medieval
-author published by Topaz, etc.

Last edited by kg3; 08-24-2013 at 05:50 AM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #515
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I did, but only the $5. I spent it on 3 of the Whispersync's that we got for free: #1 is just because I couldn't get over the title and when I found out I had it in my kindle library & I hadn't read it yet, I had to get it...Her Husband's Harlot

Auntykatkat
I got that book (Her Husband's Harlot) for the title too! Turns out it's actually a decent book. The mystery subplot was kind of silly but the romance was very enjoyable. Hope it (and the others) cheer you up! Credit card mess is no fun.

Last edited by Keslynn; 08-24-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: clarify
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #516
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Goodness, Jennifer Blake sure was prolific. There are constantly books of hers coming up for free or on sale.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #517
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
I was very excited to find that Sylvia Day's Crossfire trilogy is coupon eligible at Kobo. I just got the bundle of the first 3 books for a little more than the cost of 1 book! I've been meaning to read these but didn't want to pay so much for a book.

Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #518
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
A couple interesting Kindle Daily Deals today.

Killing Time (One-Eyed Jacks 1) by Cindy Gerard - $1.99

Quote:
“We can do this easy,” she whispered close to his ear as he groaned in agony, “or it can go real hard on you.”

Well, of course he wasn’t going to go easy.

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cindy Gerard plunges readers into the heart of a seductive contest of wills between a hard-living hero and a beautiful rogue operative who is on a mission to dig up the secrets of his past. Tension sizzles in this pulse-pounding first adventure in Gerard’s action-packed new series as Eva Salinas lures Mike Brown from the sultry streets of Lima, Peru, to the desolate Idaho wilderness on the hunt for the cold-blooded traitor behind a fatal military operation that haunts them both.
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - $1.99

I loved this book which surprised me! I thought it would be an OK read but I couldn't put it down.

Quote:
Though he may not speak of them, the memories still dwell inside Jacob Jankowski's ninety-something-year-old mind. Memories of himself as a young man, tossed by fate onto a rickety train that was home to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. Memories of a world filled with freaks and clowns, with wonder and pain and anger and passion; a world with its own narrow, irrational rules, its own way of life, and its own way of death. The world of the circus: to Jacob it was both salvation and a living hell.

Jacob was there because his luck had run out—orphaned and penniless, he had no direction until he landed on this locomotive "ship of fools." It was the early part of the Great Depression, and everyone in this third-rate circus was lucky to have any job at all. Marlena, the star of the equestrian act, was there because she fell in love with the wrong man, a handsome circus boss with a wide mean streak. And Rosie the elephant was there because she was the great gray hope, the new act that was going to be the salvation of the circus; the only problem was, Rosie didn't have an act—in fact, she couldn't even follow instructions. The bond that grew among this unlikely trio was one of love and trust, and ultimately, it was their only hope for survival.

Surprising, poignant, and funny, Water for Elephants is that rare novel with a story so engrossing, one is reluctant to put it down; with characters so engaging, they continue to live long after the last page has been turned; with a world built of wonder, a world so real, one starts to breathe its air.
There are also a couple of Nora Roberts Harlequin Silhoutte re-releases for $1.99

Risky Business (1991)
Summer Desserts (1985)
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #519
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
I was very excited to find that Sylvia Day's Crossfire trilogy is coupon eligible at Kobo. I just got the bundle of the first 3 books for a little more than the cost of 1 book! I've been meaning to read these but didn't want to pay so much for a book.

Congrats to you, such a great feeling isn't it?

For those of you who like YA/Paranormal, 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer is on sale for $1.99. I've read it, took awhile to get into it, but then couldn't put it down, solid 4 star for me, no real steam but good story, IMO.

Also, I have a question. MacMillan is not couponable anywhere right? Penguin is the only big publisher that is so far right now?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #520
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Also, I have a question. MacMillan is not couponable anywhere right? Penguin is the only big publisher that is so far right now?
Yes, just Penguin. . . .Unless you take a "trip" south.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #521
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Thank you!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #522
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Or you go in an nice travel to Europe
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #523
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - $1.99

I loved this book which surprised me! I thought it would be an OK read but I couldn't put it down.
I second this one, read it some years ago - it was a five star for me.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #524
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Congrats to you, such a great feeling isn't it?

For those of you who like YA/Paranormal, 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer is on sale for $1.99. I've read it, took awhile to get into it, but then couldn't put it down, solid 4 star for me, no real steam but good story, IMO.
I watched the movie last weekend. I loved it! My problem I don't care for her writing style but I do love the movies she produces.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #525
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE @ Amazon:

Bride of a Stranger (Classic Gothics Collection) - Jennifer Blake
-gothic, 1800's
-book orig. published by Fawcett in 1977 as Jennifer Blake (and 1974 as Patricia Maxwell)
I didn't have this one of hers.