Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 03:49 AM   #1261
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Use the version from the snapshots.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #1262
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Use the version from the snapshots.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
Completely forgot about the snapshots Thanks for the lead. Need more coffee

Edit: Using the snapshot versions gave me a working screensaver hack! Nice!

Last edited by trekk; 08-06-2014 at 06:04 AM.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #1263
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@trekk: As usual with these devices (for now), use the snapshots version.

EDIT: Yay, missed the page switch. .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-06-2014 at 12:49 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #1264
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
PW2 with 5.4.5 didn't work
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #1265
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera10684 View Post
PW2 with 5.4.5 didn't work
Surprise, surprise:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...IVERSAL_METHOD

Last edited by knc1; 08-06-2014 at 03:13 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #1266
pantera10684
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Surprise, surprise:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...IVERSAL_METHOD
  • Downgrade from 5.4.5
  • Jailbreak
  • Upgrade to 5.4.5
  • Continue installing things (other than Collections Manager) after that
I did JAILBREAK already. I installed python & linkss updates. But no luck
Old 08-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #1267
pantera10684
Enthusiast

There is a note "That said, you can unsubscribe to Special Offers at any point of the process with no ill effect.
Do note that the "Swipe to Unlock" behavior is a particularity of the Special Offers screensavers that this hack will not replicate (this is in particular good to know if you happen to own a magnetic cover, since those severely limit the effective amount of time you'll actually see a screensaver)." Does it mean that, If my device is with offers, screen saver will not work?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #1268
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
There is a note "That said, you can unsubscribe to Special Offers at any point of the process with no ill effect.
Do note that the "Swipe to Unlock" behavior is a particularity of the Special Offers screensavers that this hack will not replicate (this is in particular good to know if you happen to own a magnetic cover, since those severely limit the effective amount of time you'll actually see a screensaver)." Does it mean that, If my device is with offers, screen saver will not work?
Yes...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #1269
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did JAILBREAK already. I installed python & linkss updates. But no luck
And what about the third step in my list?
Have you done that?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #1270
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yes...

We just can't keep that horse on the path, it only twitches.

Last edited by knc1; 08-07-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #1271
pantera10684
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And what about the third step in my list?
Have you done that?
1. Update_python_0.10.N_install_pw2.bin for a PW2
2. Update_linkss_0.17.N_install_pw2.bin
3. Put file named cover or last to in the linkss folder

Bur fortunately, today, amazon removed the special offers (SO) on my device
Now, actually I don't need SS. I wanted custom SS to overcome SO
Old 08-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #1272
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@pantera10684: Which it doesn't, as per the big fat red warning at the top of the first post.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #1273
pantera10684
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pantera10684: Which it doesn't, as per the big fat red warning at the top of the first post.

you are right
Now amazon removed SO. Now will the SS work ?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #1274
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@pantera10684: After a restart, yes.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #1275
samhfoley
Enthusiast
samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle voyage and paperwhite 2
OK, I was on 5.4.3. Jailbroke, installed MKK, python, KUAL, KUAL+ and screensaver. Upgraded to 5.4.5

Now all I can see is the default screensaver hack installed cover logo. How can I get the cover of the current book I am reading to display? Help! Thanks in advance.
samhfoley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch