Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Cyberlooting

I guess we have a case of "cyberlooting" in our midst.
As you all aware enTourage posted some source code under pressure from open source community.
After they closed doors their source code is no longer available even so support page still has links.
Some people downloaded the code and still have it, but refused to share it and/or posted it for everybody else.
Case in point: yugami mentioned to have the code, but even so I asked explicitly 3 times to share it s/he never even acknowledged me asking.

Last edited by ptsenter; 08-03-2011 at 01:27 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Since participation on this forum is strictly voluntary, I don't think it is "cyberlooting" for someone to not share. There could be many reasons for Yugami's lack of response to your pleas.

If anyone does have the source code ptsenter is asking about, and is willing, maybe the best place to share it would be in the Wiki so kindly set up for us by Larka at www.entourageedge.org.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
I apologize for not dropping everything in my life and rushing to fulfill your request. I can barely live with myself and the guilt that has built up within my chest.

I've browsed the forum about twice in the last week.

I'm not sure what you mean by cyberlooting. That I selfishly downloaded something that was publicly available? Whoa is me, how dare I.

So I now officially acknowledge your request.

Request denied
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Quote:
So I now officially acknowledge your request.

Request denied
LOL

kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Put him in... THE COMFY CHAIR!

(and poke him with the soft cushions)
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I think poking with the soft cushions is going too far... The Comfy Chair should be sufficiently cruel.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I think poking with the soft cushions is going too far... The Comfy Chair should be sufficiently cruel.
Nice to see you, Boris!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
So, now with the punishment over, what was this "source code" supposed to be for? Could it potentially enhance the future use of the devices we all bought?
And, apart from irritation at one member, what reason would someone have for not sharing?
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
justin case from android police may have it also robot for sure if you can get in touch with him
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #10
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
justin case from android police may have it also robot for sure if you can get in touch with him
Thank you very much. I'll try to locate them.
While creating this thread I've been hoping somebody is going to respond with a reference and thought about you particularly based on your past posts.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #11
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Since participation on this forum is strictly voluntary, I don't think it is "cyberlooting" for someone to not share. There could be many reasons for Yugami's lack of response to your pleas.
Not to share own staff is not, but treating somebody else's property as his own is.
BTW, had plenty of time to respond:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140173
Quote:
If anyone does have the source code ptsenter is asking about, and is willing,
"the man" said it ain't going to happen.
Quote:
maybe the best place to share it would be in the Wiki so kindly set up for us by Larka at www.entourageedge.org.
That is an excellent idea.

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-02-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
My goodness. Nothing like asking nicely.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #13
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
My goodness. Nothing like asking nicely.
Does this
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/new...eply&p=1630166
qualify?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
you didn't exactly mention sources there, I remember reading it after you posted it awhile back and I wasn't really sure what you were asking for...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #15
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
did anybody located Robot?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote