Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Registry hack for PDF landscape mode?

I am just wondering if anyone familiar with Adobe Reader Mobile SDK can think of such a registry setting?

I don't know if someone else has noticed, but I did notice for less than one second, when I change the rotation for a PDF file, it became "fit width" first. But only last for a blink, then it changed to this stupid "fit height/page" view.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Just before rescaling to fit the screen, you occasionally see the rotated page in the previous (portrait) zoom level. It's not a landscape 'fit width' though it may look a bit like that.

The upcoming release will provide zooming/panning options for PDF, so with a bit of patience you'll get what you're looking for.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
Just before rescaling to fit the screen, you occasionally see the rotated page in the previous (portrait) zoom level. It's not a landscape 'fit width' though it may look a bit like that.

The upcoming release will provide zooming/panning options for PDF, so with a bit of patience you'll get what you're looking for.
Thanks for the clarification, especially from an IREX developer!

By the way, I am very curious about how PDF in landscape will be handled in the upcoming firmware release?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
CoolDragon
Addict

OK, a temporary work-around for the DR800 landscape "fit-width" zoom is using soPDF (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32066). I have tried on some PDFs, the default mode works pretty well. A small drawback is the enlarged file size, but it's much better than nothing before the next firmware release. :-)
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
OK, a temporary work-around for the DR800 landscape "fit-width" zoom is using soPDF (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32066). I have tried on some PDFs, the default mode works pretty well. A small drawback is the enlarged file size, but it's much better than nothing before the next firmware release. :-)
Unfortunately files sizes tend to be 20MB and up. How does the DR800SG handle such large files? Is there a limit? Do they take extremely long to load? My Sony once choked on a 50 MB file.

Last edited by HansTWN; 03-12-2010 at 07:00 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #6
CoolDragon
Addict

800 is very efficient in opening large PDF files.