Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Cheap travel case: AT-A-GLANCE Business Jacket Planner Cover

I just purchased, for USD$8.99 (plus sales tax) a zippered travel case for my 505. It's supposed to hold one of those spiral-bound planners, but the 505 in its soft cover fits in there nicely. There's also a zippered pocket that I plan on using for SD cards. It's not super-high impact, but it offers more protection than the soft case included with the 505, and I believe that the memo pad inside the case will provide a good deal of protection for the screen as long as I remember to face it the right way.

The UPC is 0-38576-58696-3
I'm guessing that the manufacturer's model number is 80PJ10-00 SAP# 576286
The packaging indicates that it comes in black and red, but Office Max only had the red ones in stock.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
I recently got the same At-A-Glance cover at Staples ($9.49 + tax). I'm happy with how the PRS-505 fits inside and I like the various storage pockets. I place a sheet of thin bubble wrap between the screen and Reader cover for extra protection.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
aliencane
Enthusiast
aliencane is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, iPad
I purchased one of these yesterday at Office Depot for $6.50. This particular store is closing, and everything is discounted. The reader with standard cover fits great.
aliencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I just purchased, for USD$8.99 (plus sales tax) a zippered travel case for my 505. It's supposed to hold one of those spiral-bound planners, but the 505 in its soft cover fits in there nicely. There's also a zippered pocket that I plan on using for SD cards. It's not super-high impact, but it offers more protection than the soft case included with the 505, and I believe that the memo pad inside the case will provide a good deal of protection for the screen as long as I remember to face it the right way.

The UPC is 0-38576-58696-3
I'm guessing that the manufacturer's model number is 80PJ10-00 SAP# 576286
The packaging indicates that it comes in black and red, but Office Max only had the red ones in stock.
I use the At-A-Glance Business Jacket covers for my Pulse Pen materials (larger size, however, 9x11). Those are great products, and they wear really well.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I picked up one as well, sadly, my local Office Depot jacked me on it at $13.99. I also grabbed a small clipboard from the dollar section at Target and cut it to fit in the insert area in the front cover to protect the screen.

It is my current case although I have at least 3 others on the desk over here including the travel document holder from Walmart, the hollowed out book from the library book sale and the modified DVD case. The graphing calculator case I gave to the wife for her Reader.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
taildragger-j3
Writer AND Reader
taildragger-j3 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
My 500 didn't have a case with it, so I went to Office Max and found this one. I put some sticky velcro on the back of the reader and on the case so it stays in the case securely but I can take it out if I need to . I've even slipped a light wedge into the pocket in the cover flap. Works great for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0147.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	23715  
taildragger-j3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I was concerned about the zipper scratching the device so I left mine in the stock cover and slid it into the right slot.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
At a Glance Planner holder 80PJ10-00

I just picked up one of the At-A-Glance planner holder at Office Max for $9 model number is 80PJ10-00, and I like it. I put (as someone else here did) the original Sony ereader holder in the right side and then I put my book light clip in the slot that was for the pad, and it works great. I can bend the light clip around the reader and zip it up and the light head sticks out slightly at the top of the zipper. So now I feel like it is a bit safer now, and perhaps waterproof (I tend to spill water). Nothing is getting pinched or hurt.

Good extra protection for me.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by taildragger-j3 View Post
My 500 didn't have a case with it, so I went to Office Max and found this one. I put some sticky velcro on the back of the reader and on the case so it stays in the case securely but I can take it out if I need to . I've even slipped a light wedge into the pocket in the cover flap. Works great for me.
Velcro seems to be quite useful...
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
This is the same-ish case I had for my 505 and Lightwedge when it fell off the roof of my Jeep going 55 MPH+ on to a black-top road, and it just barely scuffed the leather... my 505 works perfectly still and is still in perfect condition!
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cases, prs-505