Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
PocketBook 902 Pro release date

Hello everyone,

anyone has news about possible release date of 902 Pro's device?...

Ciao,
Luigi
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
We have to wait until next week's start of the Frankfurt Book Fair, where PocketBook wants to announce release date and pricing.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

At Frankfurt Buchmesse?... Interesting.... wish I could go there so maybe I could check directly and if I appreciate the use of it buying one directly from them...
Old 10-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
At Frankfurt Buchmesse?... Interesting.... wish I could go there so maybe I could check directly and if I appreciate the use of it buying one directly from them...
Luigino, we will begin presales right after the book fair for a special price. Price will be really good. The PB902 will be available before the end of this month probably.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Luigino, we will begin presales right after the book fair for a special price. Price will be really good. The PB902 will be available before the end of this month probably.
Hi I'm interested in PB603, this device will be available before the end of them month like PB902?
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Luigino
Groupie

Hello mtravellerh,

lemme suppose you know that Pocketbook 902 Pro...as you know, will it have good PDF support? what about images like manga or papers?... and once it'll be on sale, will it be sold also in Europe?...

Thanks
Ciao
Luigi
Old 10-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Quote:
Does that also apply to the PB903? I am really interested in the 903 because of the Wacom screen for my university work.

I would love to see how the PB903 deals with big DjVu/PDF files (especially the like created from images; for instance papers you can find from the 80s are like that).
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!

Speaking of - is there a chance to get student rebates? Or are you guys maybe talking to universities to offer (discouncted) readers via them? Think you could get quite a many students interested that way...
Old 10-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Does that also apply to the PB903? I am really interested in the 903 because of the Wacom screen for my university work.

I would love to see how the PB903 deals with big DjVu/PDF files (especially the like created from images; for instance papers you can find from the 80s are like that).
Yes, the same is true for the 903
Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Speaking of - is there a chance to get student rebates? Or are you guys maybe talking to universities to offer (discouncted) readers via them? Think you could get quite a many students interested that way...
student rebates: yes
We're talking with universities, too
Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
I'm really interested in this...
...with one proviso:
How compatible is the 902 with the existing Pocketbook ecosystem? Apps, dics, themes, etc...

A lot of the value I derive from my PB360 comes from these add-ons that help me customize it exactly to my taste. Without things like FBreader180, the dictionaries and themes and even the hacked Adobeviewer, the 902 would have to prove itself on its own terms rather than be an automatic buy. It's not just the hardware...

Inquiring minds want to know.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!

Quote:
student rebates: yes
We're talking with universities, too
Wow, that is great news! Thanks a lot for that reply. :-)
Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I'm really interested in this...
...with one proviso:
How compatible is the 902 with the existing Pocketbook ecosystem? Apps, dics, themes, etc...

A lot of the value I derive from my PB360 comes from these add-ons that help me customize it exactly to my taste. Without things like FBreader180, the dictionaries and themes and even the hacked Adobeviewer, the 902 would have to prove itself on its own terms rather than be an automatic buy. It's not just the hardware...

Inquiring minds want to know.
However, dictionaries, which use a format wholly incompatible with everything else (it even shares the extension name with a different thing) need to be rethought and/or fly away. StarDict is OS!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
However, dictionaries, which use a format wholly incompatible with everything else (it even shares the extension name with a different thing) need to be rethought and/or fly away. StarDict is OS!
If they want to *add* support for other dic formats (like the long-promised Lingvo) I'd have no problem. But the existing format has a decent supply of free dictionaries so dropping it would be a minus.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
Luigino
Groupie

About the 902's model is there somewhere a video where it shows operativity while reading a PDF?...

Thanks
Ciao, Luigi