Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
WJMuldowney
Connoisseur
WJMuldowney began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Rooted Nook - I can't get rid of old/deleted tags!!

So I had a bunch of tags that I didn't want. When I go into My Documents (the nookdevs version) and select Show - I want to be able to just have the tags that appear in my Calibre library. I cleaned up those tags, deleted everything off the nook, and that added all the books back with the cleaned up tags. the only problem is all the old tags are still present for those books, though they are not showing in Calibre.

So...I call on the experts here to help me clean up these annoying tags which I don't want or need (There must be hundreds of them!)

Thanks!
WJMuldowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
WJMuldowney
Connoisseur

After many and different attempts, I've determined that the tag process seems arbitrary at best.

I think if you delete the book(s) that have tags you don't want and then restart the nook and refresh the page, you'll get rid of tags 50% of the time. It may have something to do with pdf versus epubs, but I have evidence against that theory...LOL

Anyway, still looking for help on this one.
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Me too! I have erased, refreshed, and rebooted and so far I can't get rid of mine!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

After much frustration to try and get rid of some of my tags (technically it was the series tags since it cluttered up my Show list), I still can't figure it out. I completely wiped my Nook, rebooted and refreshed. When I go to the Show option, there are NO tags. Then when I try to send a book to my Nook, the old tags (which don't exist anymore, I even re-installed Calibre to see if that would help) are still there. Grrrrr........

Maybe it's a calibre problem, so I am going to check in that section.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
WJMuldowney
Connoisseur

I'm with you on this one.

I have had some luck deleting the books from the nook, refreshing the nook afterwards, then editing the tags or changing the description (just type in a few sentences) in Calibre and sending the book back to the nook.

That worked more than any other method, but there are still some Series that won't go away. It is annoying because it does clutter the "show" options.
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Care
Aes Sedai

I ended up deleting almost my entire Calibre library (most had the annoying tags I didn't want), and started again. Thankfully I didn't have that many in calibre yet, so I only had to redo just under 50.