Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Prs-505 Brand New $202.50 at Sony Outlet

I stopped by the Sony Outlet Store in San Diego today. They had the Silver 505 in stock, Brand new, for 269.99. But they are having a sale at 25% off now through October 1. They had 13 Silver in stock and are getting 4 Red next week!!!!
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
leaverus
leaverus began at the beginning.

Device: none
anyone know if it's san diego only or all sony outlets? $200 is pretty much my price point for buying an e-reader and i'd definitely jump on this if they're having the 25% off at the location near me.
leaverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
I called the one in Houston and they had it for $269, no sale. :/
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Others have reported on stores around the country in this link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57187
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
geosar
geosar began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Got a silver PRS 505 at target in Arizona yesterday in the clearance corner of the electronics section for 195 usd.
geosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
Xerxes
Addict

I wonder when Target lowers their prices.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I don't know when or how Target determines the clearance price, but I picked up a second 505 over the weekend for $239 -- they had two left -- one after my purchase.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I don't know when or how Target determines the clearance price, but I picked up a second 505 over the weekend for $239 -- they had two left -- one after my purchase.
I guess that's a good price. I really want that $199 or $179 number. I can go get one for $239 no problem, with ease. I went to over 15 store Saturday with no luck.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I guess that's a good price. I really want that $199 or $179 number. I can go get one for $239 no problem, with ease. I went to over 15 store Saturday with no luck.
That's why I went ahead and bought it. I think they'll be gone 'round here before they drop that low.

Sounds like they may already be gone there....
Old 09-30-2009, 12:28 AM   #10
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
That's why I went ahead and bought it. I think they'll be gone 'round here before they drop that low.

Sounds like they may already be gone there....
Maybe I'll stop by Walmart on the way home.

But I really would love to be one of those $199 finders. I'd probably do a flip over that.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #11
kennyc

Quote:
Maybe I'll stop by Walmart on the way home.

But I really would love to be one of those $199 finders. I'd probably do a flip over that.

I know I would and if I ran across one at that price I'd probably own a third one.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #12
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
I know I would and if I ran across one at that price I'd probably own a third one.
I'd use needing a 6" model as my excuse for buying another reader in two weeks time. Not having received my Pocket Pro yet.

Only if I found it that cheap though! I'm going gaga over the Onyx Boox (8in please), and the Sony Daily Reader. I mean if I get another, might as well be a big boy for the sake of PDFs.

Last edited by Xerxes; 09-30-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #13
kennyc

Quote:
I'd use needing a 6" model as my excuse for buying another reader in two weeks time. Not having received my Pocket Pro yet.

Only if I found it that cheap though! I'm going gaga over the Onyx Book, and the Sony Daily Reader. I mean if I get another, might as well be a big boy for the sake of PDFs.
I tend to agree. There are some very interesting things coming down the 'pike in the next little while....
Old 08-29-2010, 06:54 AM   #14
takhshid_reza
takhshid_reza began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox 60

I think you spent enough gas that even after buying "a $199" your total would be much more :P

but the glory goes on ...
takhshid_reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #15
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by takhshid_reza View Post

I think you spent enough gas that even after buying "a $199" your total would be much more :P

but the glory goes on ...
You do realize that you were responding to a subject that is almost a year old, right? Everyone has long since forgotten this deal. Anyway, welcome to MobileRead.

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote