Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
SillyBear80
NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!
SillyBear80 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Question How can I delete someone elses files?

I bought a slightly used PRS 500, but the person forgot to delete her books and pictures. I am wondering, if and how, I can delete the items I dont want? Since they were her items and not mine, they are, of course, not in my "Library".
SillyBear80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Plug the reader in with a USB cable as normal and access the memory directly using windows explorer (it should show up as an extra drive, D: E: etc)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
Plug the reader in with a USB cable as normal and access the memory directly using windows explorer (it should show up as an extra drive, D: E: etc)
Not the 500.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBear80 View Post
I bought a slightly used PRS 500, but the person forgot to delete her books and pictures. I am wondering, if and how, I can delete the items I dont want? Since they were her items and not mine, they are, of course, not in my "Library".
You need to install either the Sony eLibrary software... which you can d/l from here:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

Or calibre which you can download from here:

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download

I would recommend the later if you don't plan to buy ebooks from Sony. You can only use 1 or the other to access the files on the 500.

Anyway... once you do that... you can browse the files on the reader and delete them. (They are similar to iTunes if you have used that.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I honestly read that as 505...

Sorry. :-(
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert