Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast
UrbanNightmare began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Any issues with the IQ

I've been reading through the forums for a few days now. I just ordered an IQ and can't wait for it to arrive. Always love getting new toys!

A couple of threads talk about some issues with other PB devices but I haven't seen anything about the IQ. I don't want to start a flame war or anything but I would like to know if there are any hardware issues with the IQ. Either design oversights or user error. When you got your IQ did you do something that made it not work any more? How resilient is the screen? Stuff like that. I would like it to last a long time and would like to avoid common problems that can be prevented.

Thanks

Urban Nightmare
...Living the dream
UrbanNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNightmare View Post
I've been reading through the forums for a few days now. I just ordered an IQ and can't wait for it to arrive. Always love getting new toys!

A couple of threads talk about some issues with other PB devices but I haven't seen anything about the IQ. I don't want to start a flame war or anything but I would like to know if there are any hardware issues with the IQ. Either design oversights or user error. When you got your IQ did you do something that made it not work any more? How resilient is the screen? Stuff like that. I would like it to last a long time and would like to avoid common problems that can be prevented.

Thanks

Urban Nightmare
...Living the dream
No real hardware issues for the IQ as I can see. If you mess up on the firmware upgrades and the unit hangs, all is needed is to remove the battery from the unit and everything starts up again.

There are some software quirks that crop up here and there. If you have been reading this forum, you are familiar with these. The one that still irks me is the IQ randomly waking up from sleep.

Enjoy your IQ.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast
UrbanNightmare began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. My Milestone phone (Android 2.1) often will wake up also. Usually will go back to sleep after the time out but sometimes not and will just lay there eating up the battery. I got the IQ because of the lack of bad comments but just wanted to make sure. That and its easy to put on other firmwares. Wish more companies would make it easier to do what you want with the device.

Urban Nightmare...Living the dream
UrbanNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
iq 701

I've had mine for about 3 months and no problems. It hung once when I downloaded a program and disconnected from my cpu too soon. All I had to do was use a paper clip and press the reset.
Other than that no real problems. You'll probably want a better email program..........I use K9.
In short I love it!
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote