Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
lawrie
lawrie began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
505 to 650 old stuff any good?

Hi,
If I get a 650 will my 505 charger or cover work/fit?

Thanks

Lawrie
lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Charger: no - the AC port is completely different
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Won't work.
Sold my old 505 + charger for that reason.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Neither charger nor cover from 505 will work with the 650. Sony is changing the size specs with each new generation of readers so they can sell us all new accessories!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Actually, this is good news. The new model has one Micro-usb port used for data transfer and charging. You can use most micro-usb chargers that you have laying around. All three of my cell phone chargers work with it. I only need one charger when I travel.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Actually, this is good news. The new model has one Micro-usb port used for data transfer and charging. You can use most micro-usb chargers that you have laying around. All three of my cell phone chargers work with it. I only need one charger when I travel.
You cannot use wall warts designed to work with Apple devices. Most cell phone type wall warts or micro-usb chargers will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
thanks for asking that question. I'd like a 650 and I was wondering the same.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
lawrie
lawrie began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
Thanks for the info ...

good news about the micro usb chargers.
lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote