Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Donna Callea
Author
Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
New Coastal Times -- Read it Anywhere But on the Beach

Haven't heard about Hurricane Walter? Then you need to read "New Coastal Times," a quirky, funny, sometimes serious novel about what happens to a hapless band of survivors when global warming finally does a big number on us, ushering in a not-so-brave new world.
The thing is, the worst of times also turns out to be the best times-- at least for some-- including the book's protagonist, a young newspaper reporter who wishes she had done more to let people know what was coming.
WARNING: This book contains references to an ungodly number of Broadway show tunes. Readers may find themselves unwillingly singing along.
New Coastal Times has been well reviewed since its debut on Amazon for Kindle last month, averaging Five Stars.

Here are some links:

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11066
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AOA86E

Last edited by Donna Callea; 07-09-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Donna Callea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Donna Callea
Author
Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

New Coastal Times just got its fifth terrific review on Amazon. Thanks to all who have given it a try.

Last edited by Donna Callea; 05-02-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Donna Callea
Author

NEW COASTAL TIMES--get it while you can

Here's everything you've always wanted in a post-apocalyptic novel:

Wal-Mart residents enjoying a Christmas sing-along
Religious fanatics waiting for Jesus in Okeefenokee Swamp Park
Sexed-up displaced youths enjoying each other in a government-sponsored free-love commune.

And more. Much more.
Except no ravenous zombies. (sorry)

New Coastal Times begins in the near future (maybe tomorrow) as Hurricane Walter begins swallowing Florida. Not that anyone is going to miss the former Sunshine State all that much. But it's only the beginning. As natural and unnatural disasters abound everywhere, global warming ushers in a whole new era that's not as bad as you might think. At least for some.

Accompany Mia Fine, a former so-so newspaper reporter, her adorable doctor husband, and a small band of show-tune singing survivors in the New Coastal Times Performing Arts Center van as they traverse a not-so-brave new world.

WARNING: This book contains references to an ungodly number of Broadway musicals. Readers may find themselves unwillingly singing along.

Last edited by Donna Callea; 08-14-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Donna Callea
Author

Haven't heard about Hurricane Walter? Then you need to read "New Coastal Times," a quirky, funny, sometimes serious novel about what happens to a hapless band of survivors when global warming finally does a big number on us, ushering in a not-so-brave new world.
The thing is, the worst of times also turns out to be the best times-- at least for some-- including the book's protagonist, a young newspaper reporter who wishes she had done more to let people know what was coming.
WARNING: This book contains references to an ungodly number of Broadway show tunes. Readers may find themselves unwillingly singing along.
New Coastal Times has been well reviewed since its debut on Amazon for Kindle last month, averaging Five Stars.

Here are some links:

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11066
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AOA86E

Last edited by Donna Callea; 07-09-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I want it, but have to wait to get it tomorrow from Snashwords. The Kindle app won't enlarge fonts enough, so I'll have to go thru iTunes. Too comfy in bed right now!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Donna Callea
Author

Dixie Gal,
Hope you like New Coastal Times. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Donna Callea
Author

New Coastal Times now has 12 Amazon reader reviews and an overall Five Star Rating. It's also available now in the Apple, B&N and Sony ebook stores.

Haven't tried it yet?
Here's a synopsis:

As Hurricane Walter, the worst hurricane ever recorded (at least so far), reshapes the overdeveloped East Central Florida coast, swallows condos up whole, and ushers in a world-wide disaster-filled era spurred by global warming, Mia Gionfreddo Fine crouches in the crumbling newsroom of the (let's face it) crummy newspaper she works for, listening to the publisher sing Broadway show tunes.

Set in the near future (maybe tomorrow), NEW COASTAL TIMES is a seriocomic romp through a not-so-brave new world where religious fanatics wait for Jesus in the Okefenokee Swamp, martial law rules in the still existing cities, the government sets up free-love communes for displaced youth, and a group of intrepid travelers—including former so-so reporter Mia, her adorable dedicated doctor husband, his avuncular tenor mentor, a good-hearted baritone pimp, and the show-tune-singing publisher (an aging soprano) make their way from Florida to New York in the New Coastal TImes Performing Arts Center van. Because, when you get right down to it, there really is no place like home.

New Coastal Times is priced at just $2.99. And, remember, you can always download a free sample. So what have you got to lose?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
Donna Callea
Author

Regarding the new subject line of this thread:

I know, I know. I've previously tried to promote New Coastal Times as a Great Beach Read. What do you expect? I'm an indie; I'll try anything. But the truth (the REAL truth this time) is that my novel is an anti-Beach Read. And because I believe in being honest (not much else has worked) I'm now trying to get the word out on this and other forums.

Here's the thing. I don't believe in reading on the beach. And I especially don't think it's a good idea to read New Coastal Times on the beach. It's not that I'm anti-Beach. I love the beach. I live a stone's throw from the beach in Florida. Close enough to be in harm's way every hurricane season (that's June through November). Close enough to worry that the BIG ONE is gonna get me and everyone and thing I hold dear. So why don't I move? Hey, like I said, I love the beach. And where would I go? To California to get swallowed by tsunamis (it could happen) or shaken out of my mind by earthquakes? My mind is in a fragile enough state as it is.

Anyway, don't read New Coastal Times on the beach. Especially if you live in a beachside condo (bad idea) or are vacationing in a beachside resort in Florida anytime between June and November (also a bad idea).

I've always been an optimist. I don't think global warming is really gonna get us, and turn life as we know it into a scary science fiction movie (except without the zombies). Of course, it might. Actually, it probably will. And then what will we do?

I think, if we're lucky, we'll be like the quirky survivors in New Coastal Times. We'll keep loving the ones we love (who will also survive, of course), and we'll keep going, even when things get really weird. We'll have sex, make new friends, sing a song or two to keep our spirits up, and try to avoid the crazies. And somehow we'll figure out how to cope in a not-so-brave new world.

So, to repeat: Don't read New Coastal Times on the beach. You can read it anywhere else. In bed. In the bathroom. In the kitchen while waiting for toast to pop. (These are just a few suggestions. The possibilities are endless. Just try to keep your reading device dry. Especially during hurricanes.)
Old 08-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Donna, can't wait to get reading this book!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #10
Donna Callea
Author

Thanks, Imogen!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Donna

I was just going to order your book, but found out I had already bought it way back in April...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #12
Donna Callea
Author

Hi Lene,

The best time to read it would be during hurricane season. In Florida, that June through November. Do you get hurricanes in Australia? Hope not. But I know you've got beaches. Anyway, thanks for buying it. But could you hurry up and read the darn thing. I'd love to know what you think.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Callea View Post
Hi Lene,

The best time to read it would be during hurricane season. In Florida, that June through November. Do you get hurricanes in Australia? Hope not. But I know you've got beaches. Anyway, thanks for buying it. But could you hurry up and read the darn thing. I'd love to know what you think.
I think I may have to make a next-to-be-read list... As it is, I'm reading the latest book I've downloaded, if it sounds really good... and I only download books, that sound really good...

In Australia we get cyclones.. I don't know what the difference is, but they don't affect us too much here in Brisbane.. We can get some really wild and destructive weather, though.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
Donna Callea
Author

Hi Lene,

Seems like the weather has been extreme in a lot of places. Stay safe, and keep me posted.