Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Opening images

When you are viewing books in the ebook viewer and there is a table of contents with clickable links, aren't they all supposed to open inside the viewer?

All of the books I have so far with TOC's, when you click a link to any picture file (jpg, png, etc), my default photo viewing program is opened and the pictures are displayed there. When I click any chapter or appendix link, they open inside ebook viewer. Is this normal?

I don't have an e-reader yet so I'm using Calibre and a few ebooks I've gotten on my desktop right now, trying to get a feel for how all of this stuff works prior to the hardware purchase. Does an e-reader use Calibre the same way a desktop does? Do e-book readers have a seperate photo program that will open to display photos the way it is working on the desktop?

Last edited by gastan; 03-11-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: typo - but kovid knew what I meant anyway
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No calibre just takes advantage of the fact that it runs on a desktop to open linked to images (or any media like videos/sound, etc.) in their associated desktop programs, which being dedicated programs will probably do a better job of displaying the media.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Wow. Thanks for the quick response.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote