Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Multi-level table of contents

Just noticed that one PDF I have on the reader has a multi-level table of contents. So the main TOC has:
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
Then if I select Part 2, I get another TOC, containing:
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7

Is it possible to create this structure through txt2lrf?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
LRF doesn't have support for a multi-level table of contents.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
LRF doesn't have support for a multi-level table of contents.
Hi, I was curious to know if Calibre will at some point support multi-level table of contents?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It already does, if you use EPUB as an output format.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
It already does, if you use EPUB as an output format.
oh! that's wonderful! Will have to try it out.

with the epub formatting, it works the same as LRF right?

I did notice after the upgrade that it no longer automatically converts the font to Times New Roman (unless there's a setting I'm missing somewhere) Basically, i'm hoping epub works the same as LRF. (However, I do keep hearing something about a size limit?) I'm converting stories over 200k words long....I was kind of worried it wouldn't work for epub format.
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As of version 0.4.86 calibre's epub output should be very similar to the LRF output.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
As of version 0.4.86 calibre's epub output should be very similar to the LRF output.
thank you so much for answering my questions. I'll make sure I have version 4.86 before attempting to create any EPUB files.