Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Saxguy
Connoisseur
Saxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toys

Device: K-3, Kindle Fire HDX 7" 2013
Running on Fedora (VB) Server

I have recently downloaded a most wonderful music cataloguing and library program called VortexBox. It is to CD’s and Music, as Calibre is to reading and books.

I’m hoping that there is a way to combine the two programs, or at least the two “collections” and have them share the same server. (Ubuntu, Fedora)

Long story short, I didn’t bother setting up a server for my relatively small book collection, but when I took on the task of cataloguing my CD collection, it suddenly seemed worth the task, especially given the size of HDD needed. So, it dawned on me, why cant I now try and use the same server for my book collection?

I cant think of a better “kick” than to sit down with a steaming bowl of Caffè latte, reading a book I’ve chosen from “the cloud” and listening to sweet Jazz also picked from the same ether… am I mad? Asking too much?

Unfortunately, the boat passed me by when they were giving out computer techie T Shirts, so I have to rely on those who have knowledge of such things. So here I am, pleading to those who have the skills......

Anyway, I urge anyone here who hasn’t yet seen the VortexBox program, to go take a look. If you like music that is. And a big thanks to Andrew, and all those who contribute to VB and its supporting programs. Personally I have no ties to VB other than having recently downloaded it for my own use, but as I have said on the VB forum (about Calibre), I hope that it may be a useful tip for those who haven’t yet heard of it.

Lastly, I hope that my mentioning of VB Isn’t considered advertising or marketing. Basically I just wanted to ask the question about combining the two, but then thought that I had to share this here, as I have also done on the VB forums re Calibre. Both truly wonderful programs, and well supported. My thanks.

PS also asked this on the VB forum, link here: http://vortexbox.org/threads/4187-E-...on-same-server

I hope this is okay, else I will ask it be removed.

Last edited by Saxguy; 08-30-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Saxguy is offline   Reply With Quote