Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #1576
jdawson59
JLD59
jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jdawson59 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
I post reviews and sample chapters of WIPS. Stop by, kick up your feet and enjoy: http://jeff-dawson.blogspot.com/
jdawson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:01 AM   #1577
_savage
Connoisseur
_savage began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have updated the website with more information: http://bookalope.net/

Please get in touch with me if you're interested in trying out a new and different approach to building e/print books :-)
_savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:05 PM   #1578
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by _savage View Post
I have updated the website with more information: http://bookalope.net/

Please get in touch with me if you're interested in trying out a new and different approach to building e/print books :-)
AS it's not really clear what the online app does--as compared to all the other myriad online ingestion/conversion tools, (e.g., D2Digital, SW, Bookla) maybe you'd like to elaborate? That might garner you some additional betas.

Just a thought.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #1579
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Stop by and read my post about why you should not buy a bunny as a pet for your child at Easter.

http://www.blog.kybunnies.com/easter-and-bunnies/
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #1580
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
New Flash Fiction posted on Mansions of the Mind

In Word and in Deed
(a commitment difficult to break)

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...h-fiction.html

Last edited by kennyc; 04-13-2015 at 10:59 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #1581
AstoundingBruce
Enthusiast
AstoundingBruce is on a distinguished road

Device: NextBook
An Eastertide meditation in the voice of Thomas: http://astoundingbruce.blogspot.com/...abundance.html
AstoundingBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #1582
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I was looking at my blog and wondering what to write about next. I came up with this:
http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2015/04/why-i-blog.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 AM   #1583
mythography
mythography began at the beginning.

What happens when a corporation gets a god complex? Find out in our series of books on Kindle. Described as light cyberpunk, definitely sci-fi and with a fresh twist on Greek mythology.

http://www.mythographystudios.com/th...plex-universe/
mythography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:51 AM   #1584
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought they all had god complexes already.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:20 AM   #1585
mythography
mythography began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I thought they all had god complexes already.
Yes I agree. That's the whole idea for my sci-fi shenanigans
mythography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #1586
kennyc

New Flash Fiction posted at Mansions of the Mind.

Sigmund Freud Psychoanalyzes Albert Einstein
Old 05-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #1587
johnk
johnk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi MobileReaders,

This week I made an online tool to change the (sometimes) ugly looking epubs on my Kobo Mini. The Mini is too small for justified text and sometimes it is forced by the styles in the epub.

http://epubcleaner.eu/ clears the epub-style.

I'am not a native speaker, so if you see terrible English on the website, please give me a message on mobileread.
johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #1588
kennyc

New Flash Fiction at Mansions of the Mind:

BPD (100 word drabble)
Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #1589
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by webroot View Post
I have developed eBook reader for Windows (also available on Linux) it is close to maturing but still I call it Beta. In a brief this reader is fast, portable, lightweight (3MB), and offer very good html rendering features . It supports EPUB, HTML and FictionBook format, last format has sometime performance issues. I am sure this software will be useful to those who still read on PC.

Download it from
https://apps.techfied.com/downloads/...er_Release.zip

Any suggestion/feedback greatly welcomed.
Thanks
I like the idea of a lightweight reading tool (though it's 10 MB, not 3), but there seem to be a number of bugs, and some important features are missing.

When I try to open a simple HTML file, I only get "Cannot render this page. This file may be DRM locked".

When reading ePub, going to the next page doesn't always work properly. Pages often begin and end with vertically truncated lines. Worse, the program doesn't remember where I stopped reading, and I cannot set bookmarks -- to me, these are essential features of even a simple ebook reader.

I'm afraid this will need a lot of work before it can become anything like an alternative to calibre viewer.
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #1590
joeaaronsellers
joeaaronsellers began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5s
Arrow Survival Horror: Interactive Fiction

I wrote (and coded) an interactive fiction app for Apple & Android. I would appreciate any feedback this community could offer me. (I am currently writing a new text adventure game for mobile, and want to make sure that I'm moving in the right direction..)

Here's the product webpage for my game:
http://www.joeaaronsellers.com/survival-horror

While this is a commercial game, I can easily give away some free copies. I have some promo codes for any Apple users, and can give out the APK for anybody who uses Android.

You can find it now from the links below:

App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/surv...or/id964241584

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SurvivalHorror

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Aaron-Sell.../dp/B00TJ0CSDO

YouTube video preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHvxhueEk0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Icon-1024.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	139315  
joeaaronsellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing