Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thumbs up First impressions of "Electronicreading" Neo cover

I've just received my Neo cover from http://www.electronicreading.eu and my first impressions of it are very good indeed.

The cover looks like leather, but I'm almost certain it's artificial (it doesn't smell like leather). It's very well padded, and fastens with a magnetic clasp and a press-fastening too, so that's very secure. The inside has a velvet texture, which is comfortable to hold. The bottom half of the left side of the inside of the cover is a full-width "pocket" which could be used for SD cards, business cards, or even (perhaps) your USB cable. There's a cut-out along the top edge of the back of the cover, allowing easy access to the stylus.

The elastic straps which hold the Neo in place are easy to use, but secure, and don't obscure the screen. Along the bottom edge, the strap are positioned to allow direct access to the USB connector, power switch, and headphone socket, and cover the SD socket (which I think is good - it protects it from dirt.

I don't have a camera at hand, but there are pictures of the cover here.

Finally the price: at €14.99 this cover is an absolute bargain, and half the price of what the official BeBook covers are likely to cost!

Thoroughly recommended! It's wonderful to finally be able to carry my Neo in a proper cover, rather than wrapped up in a tea-towel and bubble-wrap .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #2
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Nice review, thanks.

It's just that you skipped the most important part.
What colour did you pick?
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought the black one.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Nice choice.
I wish you many pleasant and protected hours with it.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you. At first I thought this might be just a temporary solution until the "Stylz" covers were released, but this is so nice that it's definitely a "keeper".
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Chrystel
Chrystel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
What do you think of the "security" of the device in the cover ? I mean, I'm not so sure about the elactic straps ? In your opinion, is there a risk that the device might fall ?

If you had the choice between ugly color Onyx's cover or great color ElectronicReader's cover, which one would you choose ?
Chrystel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystel View Post
What do you think of the "security" of the device in the cover ? I mean, I'm not so sure about the elactic straps ? In your opinion, is there a risk that the device might fall ?
Zero chance. There's no way at all that the elastic straps could come off on their own, and even if one were to break (which is unlikely, I think), it's still securely held by three of them. Not to mention that, when the case is closed, it's held firmly closed by both a magnetic AND a "push-in" catch.

Quote:
If you had the choice between ugly color Onyx's cover or great color ElectronicReader's cover, which one would you choose ?
I much prefer the styling of the cover I've got to the Onyx one, but the Onyx one does, of course, have the great advantage of being included in the price of the reader.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
Chrystel
Chrystel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Thank you ! It was very useful and very accurate as always ! (and BTW, your rewiew of the Neo has a big part in my decision to order one (Onyx Boox 60 for me), I'm waiting to receive it)
Chrystel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
evenstar120
evenstar120 began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
I received my beautiful Neo cover from electronic reading a few days ago and I am utterly delighted with it, it fits like a glove, it is well padded and feels very secure, the outer material looks like leather and is lovely and the interior material is a very soft velvety suede which feels very nice. The magnetic clasp and press stud keep my Neo very snug and it feels protected and well insulated, it was a great price, thank you electronicreading for the free shipping. I am so happy with it and the shipping was fast and the cover is perfect, I won't need to buy another Neo cover because I am so contented with this one
evenstar120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
jezster
jezster began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
It might be €14.99 but the shipping is €14.00... that makes it a little more expensive.

Still it's seems to be the best case on the market.
jezster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #11
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
That looks very nice. That magnetic clasp is very tempting since I have been having issues with the velcro on my Boox case.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
omega3
omega3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 (Int.)
I just got a NEOprene cover for 10 Euros (incl. shipping) and I love it!
http://cgi.ebay.de/Neoprene-eBook-Ca...16995382778187
I ordered it from there and received it in Germany about 2 weeks later. Because of the low price (10 Euro including shipping) I didn't have to pay any duty/customs.
I love the color. On the outside it has a zipper so that you can carry along a cable, some notes, etc.
The material is NEOprene. The width of the cover is actually about 1 cm wider than my NEO but I just left the plastic-foamy-thing that was in the cover inside. It doesn't weigh anything and perfectly protects the screen.
The website is casecrown (-> ebook readers ->others -> "Sketched Tree Sleeve")
Great deal!

Last edited by omega3; 07-04-2010 at 10:04 AM.
omega3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
CaptainHook
eReader Newbie
CaptainHook began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezster View Post
It might be €14.99 but the shipping is €14.00... that makes it a little more expensive.
You can order it (I just did) for 14,99 INCLUDING p&p. As it says with the item, use the code 'freecover' and they don't charge you any shipping costs...
CaptainHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #14
CaptainHook
eReader Newbie
CaptainHook began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo
I received the ordered cover today. It looks ok and reasonable sturdy. Nice magnetic lock mechanism.
I got the black cover in combination with the white Neo, it looks 'professional'.
Four elastic bands in the corners keep the Neo in its place.

Disadvantage sofar: the elastic band in the left-down corner shields the volume button.

For just 15 EURO including p&p; I think it is a good deal.

Last edited by CaptainHook; 07-13-2010 at 10:02 AM.
CaptainHook is offline   Reply With Quote