Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
eriĉjo
eriĉjo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Ideas on how to construct a dictionary

I have been running into a problem recently reading my Esperanto books. I'd like to read them anywhere without having to take my heavy Esperanto dictionary. I have a Sony PRS505 and an Apple iPod Touch (2nd gen). I also have a lengthy glossary from Esperanto -> English in plain text (UTF-8) format. The problem I'm having is look-up. To use a dictionary usefully, I have to have a way to search and find the words I need. There's an Esperanto dictionary app for the iPod touch, but as far as I'm concerned I was ripped off (I want my $2 back!). It doesn't allow _search_.. You have to click the first letter of the word and then scroll to the word you want! This is an impossibly clumsy way to use a dictionary. I've decided to make my own, however, I'm not sure if there's a somewhat easy way to do it. I've noticed that the ePub format allows hyperlinks and I"m familiar with the format and in hand-creating ePubs. But what I want is an automated way of doing this, I can't imagine the hours involved in creating this by hand or by using Sigil.

Does anyone have any ideas?
eriĉjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A simple way would be to just have it as have it as a plain ePub file with no links. You could then load this onto your iPod Touch in iBooks, and use the iBooks "Search" facility to look up the word.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote