Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
JapaG
JapaG began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
How do I remove the battery?

My CyBook has frozen (see picture), and I have done all my usual tricks to get it unfrozen (press the on/off button, perss the reset button, connect it to the computer). None of these methods have done anything. The screens stays the same.

I thought that removing the battery and putting it back in might do something. I opened the battery cover, but could not get the battery out. How do I remove the battery?

Any help is much appreciated.

JapaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
elmargol
Enthusiast
elmargol began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
To me it looks like the battery is empty try. Loading it first.
elmargol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Pushing the reset button has the same effect as un-replugging the battery, so this should not be neccessary.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
you can unplug the battery, no need to physically remove it. As far as I remember, once the battery door in the back is open, just pull the little plug connected with two wires.

I am probably mistaken, but that looks like a broken screen to me (I have had four of these with my gen3).

I hope the battery trick or recharging it will solve you problem, but if it doesn't, see if it not a screen problem.
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
sometime an empty battery when trying to display something could led to such a display.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert