Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
MaxSmart8699
MaxSmart8699 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus tf300t
Save to device file structure

I have ALOT of book of many genres I would like to be able to save on the device my custom column info as the first folder called genre then series then authors then the title

I have the edit template like this
{genre}/{series}/{authors}/{title}

the costume column genre is set up to have limited choice

I really want all my Star trek books in a folder caled Star trek without messing up the fact some are TOS STNG DS9 VOY ENterprise New frontier but still be in the same main folder
and same with my star wars books I dont want to have them lose their series their in just to get them all in a star wars folder and same with my Dune and Foundation book as well as many other of the genres and sub-genres I have

if any one knows how I can do this please let me know
MaxSmart8699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
It should work fine. Just precede custom column names with hash.

{#genre}
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
MaxSmart8699

I keep getting this

EXCEPTION: Value: unknown field #genre
Old 01-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To be able to use the value {#genre} you have to have a custom column named genre.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
MaxSmart8699

I do but Im in the process of sending the books over and even though I have the messege in the save templets box as above it seems to be working WOOT
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant

It could be a good idea to first experiment with save to disk. Easier to see how/if that works.