Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question eDGe -> Calibre

Those with the eDGe; Could you perform this process, if not already, so Kovid can add it to Calibre.

If your device appears as a USB disk to the operating system, adding support for it to calibre is very easy. We just need some information from you:

* What e-book formats does your device support?
* Is there a special directory on the device in which all e-book files should be placed?
* We also need information about your device that calibre will collect automatically. First, if your device supports SD cards, insert them. Then connect your device. In calibre go to Preferences->Advanced and click the “Debug device detection” button. This will create some debug output. Copy it to a file and repeat the process, this time with your device disconnected.
* Send both the above outputs to us with the other information and we will write a device driver for your device.

Once you send us the output for a particular operating system, support for the device in that operating system will appear in the next release of calibre.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Post to calibre thread.

I am about to order! Though, I will have to wait for the March shipments.

Many Thanks.
Gunner...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
I'm bumping this so I remember to do it tonight...
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
mgm1979
Zealot

Hmmm...no dice connecting the eDGe to my WinXP machine - guess that's part of what the software update is supposed to address...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #4
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm1979 View Post
Hmmm...no dice connecting the eDGe to my WinXP machine - guess that's part of what the software update is supposed to address...
My WinVISTA computer doesn't recognize that I have anything connected either
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Calibre has a web server that you can access from the eDGe. You would have Calibre loaded on a different computer and once the web server is turned on and your router configured you should be able to access Calibre via the web browser. I *haven't* gotten it to work but I have a crappy POS router that doesn't forward ports properly. The caveat is that you can only download books, if they need to be converted then that must be done on the PC where Calbire is loaded.

The second option is to use Dropbox. I have my Calibre ebook folder in my Dropbox folder on my Desktop PC (and my laptop) so that whenever I make changes in Calibre it's reflected in Dropbox. You can access Dropbox on the eDGe via the web browser and download your books manually. This is how I access my ebooks from Calibre but again the books need to already be in ePub or PDF. Dropbox is working on an Android interface which would make it a bit easier to access your Dropbox folder.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls81 View Post
My WinVISTA computer doesn't recognize that I have anything connected either
Did you try connecting through wifi or just the usb port?
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Thanks for the info here, people.

FWIW, USB connecting with Mac OS X works just fine, but the process is a little clunky.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks View Post
Did you try connecting through wifi or just the usb port?
I can get on wifi just fine. I'm talking about connecting it to the computer to transfer files, if I were so inclined to do it that way.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Those with the eDGe; Could you perform this process, if not already, so Kovid can add it to Calibre.
ckole has posted the data to the calibre section. Thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
ckole has posted the data to the calibre section. Thanks
Correct, there is a ticket submitted as well so I am sure I will receive email updates on that if the developer needs any additional information. When he gets this working I suggest eDGe users donate at least $10 to Calibre. It is a great program. I gave him $10 when he got the Nook working and will do the same when the eDGe works.
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #11
mgm1979
Zealot

I gotta do some reading on the whole calibre thing...seems like I could maybe get some use out of it, but not 100% clear on all of the capabilities yet.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #12
ckole
Enthusiast

Quote:
I gotta do some reading on the whole calibre thing...seems like I could maybe get some use out of it, but not 100% clear on all of the capabilities yet.
In a nutshell it allows you to download a ton of free RSS content from the internet and put it on your ereader. Calibre also does conversion of a variety of formats. Simply a great program. Hundreds of magazines and newspapers to choose from and you can ad your own. Download it and play around.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Thumbs up calibre - About

Quote:
calibre

http://calibre-ebook.com/about

Gunner...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
ckole
Enthusiast

New version now works with the eDGe. You can read details on my web site:
http://www.aznet.com/onedge/calibre-...with-the-edge/