Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Wifi settings are lost on each upgrade

It is getting so old having to type in my Wifi password (which is necessarily long and complex) every time a firmware upgrade happens. They remember other data across upgrades, so why not this?

I guess if they issued a rock-solid firmware version that didn't require so many updates this would be less of an issue, but...
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I only re-enter my wifi information if I do a factory reset. Absolutely everything - all settings, book marks, wifi information, etc. survive upgrades.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Keeps my wifi info on update no problem.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder why mine doesn't then?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard

Hmmm. With the knowledge that it is SUPPOSED to remember the wifi password, I wonder if it's just the tragic user interface. If I go to settings>Wifi Connection>Connect it scans for networks. If I select my local wifi network (one that it knows the password for) it still asks for the password again (making me think it had forgot it). In fact, it does forget it, if you do this.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sometimes i lose them, sometimes i don't

so.... who knows lol
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote