Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
kuvera
kuvera began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Adding class attributes in bulk

Hi,

If I want to apply styles to consecutive paragraphs, how do I do that without going to code editor and adding/editing the class attribute to each one of them manually? Is there a way to select a range of tags/paragraphs and select a style to add?

thanks,
Laszlo
kuvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Put the styles you want in a .style1 statement for paragraph 1 and .style2 statement for paragraph 2 in the stylesheet. Then <p class="style1"> or <p style="style2"> at the head of each paragraph, or have I missed something?

These are two items I use for two types of captions:

.capt {
margin-left: 15%;
margin-right: 15%;
font-size: 90%;
text-align: justify;
text-indent: 0;
font-weight: bold;
}
.smcapt {
margin-left: 15%;
margin-right: 15%;
font-size: 90%;
text-align: center;
text-indent: 0;
font-weight: bold;
}

Last edited by mrmikel; 03-30-2014 at 06:13 PM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvera View Post
Is there a way to select a range of tags/paragraphs and select a style to add?
To apply paragraph styles to a limited number of paragraphs:

1. Press F2 to switch to Code View mode.
2. Select a couple of paragraphs with the mouse.
3. Right-click the selected paragraphs and select Mark Selected Text.
4. Search and replace the initial paragraph tag. For example:
Find:<p>
Replace:<p class="myclass">

You can also change the style of a number of paragraphs, by inserting a <div class="myclass"> tag before the first paragraph and a </div> after the last paragrah.

You'll obviously need to define myclass in a stylesheet and link it to the .html file(s).
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:52 AM   #4
kuvera
kuvera began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thank you, guys.
So it's html editing only. I was hoping for GUI support for what you achieve with addClass in jQuery, but on static html text.
kuvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
The point at which to apply styling, which has priority, etc I am sure created more issues than John wanted to deal with. If it happened to work the way you wanted, I am sure there would be another faction asserting how nonsensical it was!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert