Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
mikeandsue
mikeandsue began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Calibre 1.2.3 crashes when connecting Kindle Fire HD

Hello,
I hope this is the right place to post this. I am running the latest version of Calibre. When I first connected my Kindle Fire HD to my computer, I was prompted whether or not I wanted Calibre to manage my Kindle. I selected yes, as I want to transfer a book to it. But, whenever I connect it, Calibre will crash. The error I get is below. Can anyone help me out? I would like to either get this fixed, or stop having Calibre manage my Kindle and then know another method to get a book to the Kindle. Thanks in advance!

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2/7/2014 11:24:48 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Spranger1
Description:
Faulting application name: calibre.exe, version: 1.23.0.0, time stamp: 0x52f4b8a3
Faulting module name: wpd.pyd, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52f4b89c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000003abd
Faulting process id: 0x21c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf242931382f47
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\plugins2\wpd.pyd
Report Id: be3d8307-901c-11e3-be87-a41f72583a12
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-07T17:24:48.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>22719</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Spranger1</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>calibre.exe</Data>
<Data>1.23.0.0</Data>
<Data>52f4b8a3</Data>
<Data>wpd.pyd</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>52f4b89c</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0000000000003abd</Data>
<Data>21c8</Data>
<Data>01cf242931382f47</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Calibre2\plugins2\wpd.pyd</Data>
<Data>be3d8307-901c-11e3-be87-a41f72583a12</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
mikeandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That appears to be a Windows crash log.
Was there a Calibre crash log. That is the one that will be more useful.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
mikeandsue

Sorry, where is the crash log located? Or, how does one create the log?
Old 02-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandsue View Post
Sorry, where is the crash log located? Or, how does one create the log?
It usually shows up, so you maybe having a system level crash that never allowed Calibre a chance.

Do check the Calibre (download site) FAQ for possibles.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
mikeandsue

OK, I found this command calibre-debug -g run from a command prompt. I needed to run the cmd prompt as an administrator. When I did that, instead of crashing, I get the error below. Basically, it says that the device cannot be written to. So, I tried right-clicking and running Calibre as an administrator, just off the shortcut. Instead of getting the cannot be written to error, it crashes. I just found a link to the Calibre bug report. I've opened a new bug there. Anyone that can help would be most appreciated.

C:\Program Files\Calibre2>calibre-debug -g
calibre 1.23 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Started up in 0.96 seconds with 74 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
MTP: Loading filesystem metadata...
MTP: Filesystem metadata loaded in 0.00399995 seconds (1 objects)
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
Failed to write data to file, commit failed: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 208, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 180, in get_driveinfo

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 170, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 439, in put_file
WPDError: Failed to write data to file, commit failed: hr=2147500037 facility=0error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
Failed to write data to file, commit failed: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 208, in books

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 180, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 170, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 439,in put_file
WPDError: Failed to write data to file, commit failed: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
Advert
Old 02-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I am seeing a Write to device error.
Calibre writes 2 files to devices before any books (if they don't exist): metadata.calibre and driveinfo.calibre

Can you successfully save a file to the KF in the documents folder using the OS?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
mikeandsue

Yes I can. Please note that the Write to device error was not the original problem. It only occurred when I was trying to get a log.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandsue View Post
Yes I can. Please note that the Write to device error was not the original problem. It only occurred when I was trying to get a log.

I give up
Maybe the big K(ovid) will have an idea
Old 02-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

I give up
Maybe the big K(ovid) will have an idea
When I first saw "1.2.3 crashes" in thread name I was going to suggest calling the older big K - Kapor :lol:
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote