Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
Post New software to make PDF files

Today in the Seattle Times, I read an article that previews a software package that will allow creating a PDF from the files obtained with your digital camera. The neat and unusual feature of this software is that it will not require the book be pressed flat. It will allow you to just open a book on a table, take the photo and the software will "press it flat" so to speak and create a PDF or other format file.

Available for 14 free trial and fairly inexpensive at USD$ 49 from:

www.snapter.atiz.com/

For me, this seems like a great deal so I can convert some books I own to Sony Reader format for private use.

Just thought you might be interested.

Red Alert
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sounds like a dream come true. Has anyone already tested the trial version?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
What I don't like is the only image output format is jpg/jpg embedded in pdf.

When I choose b&w as output I get pseudo-b&w 8bit jpg files. 53 unique colours are found, around all letters grey pixels are visible; this can't be compression artefacts.
Those created jpg files are much bigger in size than real monochrome tiff in CCITT4 encoding would be. iLiad could read tiff/CCITT4 embedded in pdf.
If I used this program, a batch converting to a monochrome format would be needed.

I haven't seen a way to adjust the threshold level of the converting to b&w process.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote