Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Went to my New Borders tonight

I was in the Mall and Noticed they opened a new Huge Beautiful Borders. This is the first Borders in the Western Mass Area. I was psyched to see the 505 since mine will be here next Tuesday. But I was bummed when I found out they did'nt have one, not even a display. But I don't know if this was a result of Christmas and low inventory, or they just are not carrying it. Still not to at least have a demo in a Brand new store is distressing.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Gettin' mine soon!

I'll be picking up a PRS-505 some time this week. The Borders about five minutes from my house has two silvers and the Sony Style store about 30 minutes from me has plenty of inventory as well. I'm so excited!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
I'll be picking up a PRS-505 some time this week. The Borders about five minutes from my house has two silvers and the Sony Style store about 30 minutes from me has plenty of inventory as well. I'm so excited!

Lucky, I have no Sonystyle stores and None at the Borders but mine is due next week.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
They would probably still have the display, even if it was empty, if they were supposed to have it at all. You could write an email to Sony and Borders requesting that they sell the Reader at your store. It certainly seems like a good idea, given that it's the only Borders in the region.
Out of curiosity, where in Western MA do you live? I went to college at Hampshire, in Amherst. My sister currently lives in Northampton. It's a great little corner of the world.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
They would probably still have the display, even if it was empty, if they were supposed to have it at all. You could write an email to Sony and Borders requesting that they sell the Reader at your store. It certainly seems like a good idea, given that it's the only Borders in the region.
Out of curiosity, where in Western MA do you live? I went to college at Hampshire, in Amherst. My sister currently lives in Northampton. It's a great little corner of the world.

I'm About 30 minutes from Amherst in Agawam, Ma.
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm a T ride away from the Sony Style shop in Boston, MA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Just called the Sony store and he said they are running a sale. If I can get there by the end of day I'm looking at a PRS-505 for $199!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Just called the Sony store and he said they are running a sale. If I can get there by the end of day I'm looking at a PRS-505 for $199!

Wow you Lucky .... I just dropped $90 more for mine.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm a T ride away from the Sony Style shop in Boston, MA.

I've ridden that many times my self from Riverside to Fenway.