Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-28-2014, 06:26 AM   #721
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
with 32 bit version not with 64 when a convert a book over 4000 pages, when the program is near to finish cmd blinks, cmd is as a pop up that blink.
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #722
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage79 View Post
with 32 bit version not with 64 when a convert a book over 4000 pages, when the program is near to finish cmd blinks, cmd is as a pop up that blink.
Wow, 4000 pages. I never envisioned k2pdfopt would be used on such a large PDF. Are you converting an encyclopedia? I'm not sure what you mean by "cmd". Are you using the Windows GUI? Does the GUI start flashing? Does the conversion finish? It's conceivable that you're running out of memory since this only happens on the 32-bit version--you might check the task manager while k2pdfopt is running to see if the memory usage is approaching 2 GB of RAM. If you want to post a link to the 4000-page file (or PM it to me), I can investigate, but I would recommend that you convert such a large file in pieces--maybe 1000 pages at a time (e.g. put 1-1000 in the "Pages to convert" box, then 1001-2000, etc.).

Last edited by willus; 02-05-2014 at 02:57 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #723
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

With your great software imade conversion of big pdf without problem. With cmd i want to say command prompt. I never hadproblem like this with your software untill i change command prompt parameters, now intead of black i have blu as background. I also have change dimension of command prompt, but now i have reported to default. untill this changes all was ok. Yes, i sendo you a dropbox link of the pdf in pm. Yes, i use windows gui. Command prompt flashes, blinks whne conversion goes to about 4000 pages. Now with command prompt with defalut parameters cmd blinks. I'm going to restart the conversion and i'll say you the message of the gui. with 64 bit version conversion is ok. i've 8 gb of ram.
thanks for what you do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-29 16.07.05.png
Views:	304
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	118476  

Last edited by sage79; 01-29-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #724
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
With your great software imade conversion of big pdf without problem. With cmd i want to say command prompt. I never hadproblem like this with your software untill i change command prompt parameters, now intead of black i have blu as background. I also have change dimension of command prompt, but now i have reported to default. untill this changes all was ok. Yes, i sendo you a dropbox link of the pdf in pm. Yes, i use windows gui. Command prompt flashes, blinks whne conversion goes to about 4000 pages. Now with command prompt with defalut parameters cmd blinks. I'm going to restart the conversion and i'll say you the message of the gui. with 64 bit version conversion is ok. i've 8 gb of ram.
thanks for what you do.
That is an interesting version of Windows you've got there. Custom OSX-type skin, looks like. Does the blue command-line window appear to get launched by k2pdfopt late into the conversion? Or did you already launch it yourself (separately from k2pdfopt) and it just starts to suddenly flash at some point during the conversion? Also, can you post a screenshot of your GUI settings that you use for the conversion so that I can exactly mimic your settings? Did you try checking the task manager to see if you are running out of memory?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #725
sage79
Enthusiast

Yes I use a osx theme. windows 8.1. when i launch k2opt i see rapidly a black command prompt (i use a blu command prompt). The amount of the ram is near 1,5 gb when k2opt crashes.
Advert
Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #726
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Yes I use a osx theme. windows 8.1. when i launch k2opt i see rapidly a black command prompt (i use a blu command prompt). The amount of the ram is near 1,5 gb when k2opt crashes.
It is correct that the command prompt flashes onto the screen momentarily when the GUI is launched. That is normal and due to the dual GUI/command-line nature of the program (once k2pdfopt determines that the GUI mode is desired, the command-line box is terminated, so it should go away immediately after launching).

Please post a screen shot of your GUI settings for the conversion.

Last edited by willus; 01-31-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 01-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #727
sage79
Enthusiast

Here is
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-30 21.33.14.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	118519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-30 21.33.16.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	118520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-30 21.33.18.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	118521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-30 21.33.21.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	118522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-01-30 21.41.21.png
Views:	262
Size:	884.1 KB
ID:	118523  

Last edited by sage79; 01-30-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #728
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Here is
@sage79 -- Thank you. So I'm trying to understand exactly what is happening to you. Is it (1) that you are working in another command-line window while k2pdfopt is converting, and when k2pdfopt gets almost done with your 4000 page conversion that the command-line you are working in starts to behave abnormally (flashing), i.e. k2pdfopt is affecting the behavior of an already-open command-line window? Or is it (2) that when k2pdfopt gets far enough along in the conversion, a new command-line window suddenly opens (without you trying to open it) and starts flashing abnormally?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #729
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

@sage79 -- Okay, I tried your conversion in the 32-bit Windows version, and it ran out of memory after converting about 2500 source pages (resulting in a 1 GB(!) PDF output file, though malformed since it quit unexpectedly). I will investigate to make sure it's not a memory leak of some sort. Thank you for the example. It is a good extreme test.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #730
sage79
Enthusiast

Thanks for your interest. is there a way to donate for your software? Thanks
Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 PM   #731
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Thanks for your interest. is there a way to donate for your software? Thanks
I appreciate the sentiment. I usually tell people that they should donate the money to some other open source effort or to charity. I am fortunate enough that I don't need it. You have already helped me by giving me a good test case.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #732
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
... Command prompt flashes, blinks whne conversion goes to about 4000 pages. Now with command prompt with defalut parameters cmd blinks. ....
I've patched three memory leaks for the next release, one of them fairly significant, which will fix this problem.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #733
Sajjad76
Banned
Sajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1th generation
PDF problem

Hi.
I sent you the PDFs.
by "blank space after each page that covers the text" I meant
the picture below.
In duokan it makes problem for me .
I mean it shows the text two times.
How can i solve this problem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	capture 2.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	118742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	118743  

Last edited by Sajjad76; 02-05-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Sajjad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #734
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjad76 View Post
Hi.
I sent you the PDFs.
by "blank space after each page that covers the text" I meant
the picture below.
In duokan it makes problem for me .
I mean it shows the text two times.
How can i solve this problem.
By "blank space" are you referring to the region surrounded by the red rectangle (see attachment)? Is the text from the green region displayed correctly on the next output page? Are the light blue regions showing because you have done a "select all" command? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then k2pdfopt is behaving as I expect. If it is causing problems for you, you may wish to turn off native mode (uncheck it). If you do that, you can also remove the -bp m to reduce the amount of blank space on each page. If (after turning off native mode) the bitmapped output needs to be higher fidelity, try increasing the "Document Resolution Factor."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	blank_area.png
Views:	259
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	118745  

Last edited by willus; 02-05-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Forgot attachment
Old 02-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #735
JensW
Enthusiast
JensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trolls

Device: Kindle 4
Just wanted to throw in some greetings. Really nice to see that you still find ways to enhance k2pdfopt Willus.
All the best
Jens
JensW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools