Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
At least you can laugh at it (now)! I always learned laughter was the best medicine you can have, so, I know it will be alright
maybe she should keep it down to a gentle chortle for now, until the bruised ribs are healed. we wouldn't want her to laugh so hard she hurt herself more.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #47
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
maybe she should keep it down to a gentle chortle for now, until the bruised ribs are healed. we wouldn't want her to laugh so hard she hurt herself more.
my thought too....no more than a giggle ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #48
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm very disappointed in Rickey's neighbors. Honey, if I lived near you, I would have sent Tim over there to help you, regardless of whatever we had planned. (I'm allergic to cats or I would come with him.)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #49
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
At least you can laugh at it (now)! I always learned laughter was the best medicine you can have, so, I know it will be alright
Heck, I started laughing about it about 2 minutes after I realized I was alive.

The charge on my camera is too low to let me transfer my crashed car photo, however as soon as I get back from the doctor, I will post it ... or them.

Don't blame my neighbors. The Moons and the Millers are both super allergic to cats. On top of that, they both have company coming. Both of the guys are not able to lift anything very heavy. Even my usual cat sitter just had knee surgery and can't get around.

Poor Teresa got home from a 12 hour day at work, and just fell into bed. So, I did the cat boxes myself, and with the splint in place. The only thing that really looks bad is my left hand, which is rather puffy. However, I can do a little typing with both hands.

The only aggravation is that I can't get my iPhone to link up with my Wifi. Now that makes me nuts. No pain killers again until tonight. Have to go into town to doc, and then pick up scrips. Erk.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

aw ! too bad i live so far away, i would go to the pharmacie for you and help you out with the kitties. i can't lift anything heavy myself though. i'm a small person and i'm useless for that.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #51
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Ricky you have not said what kind of car you were driving. To come out of the accident as well as you have it says something good for the car.

Your accident reminds me of an accident I had 30 years ago. I had a 912 Targa Porsche, it was in a head on collision with a large Ford pick-up, each car going about 30 mph. The other driver walked away from the accident and walked on home never stopping to see if I was OK. Fortunately some one saw the accident and saw were he went. The Police found him at home sitting in front of the TV drinking a beer.

My poor little toy was never the same but I was OK, but your brain can sure be shaken up good. And it seems if every muscle in your body aches.

We all love you Ricky.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #52
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I was in a Ford Escape. It turns out I made the front page of the Marble Falls newspaper.

I wouldn't have known, but when I went in to fill my Rx today, it was all anyone was talking about.

So, I went by the paper and bought a few copies.

It still hurts too much to type for long. I'm going to take some serious drugs and go to bed.

See photo attached. I scanned in the photo from the paper. I'll post the others later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the accident.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	24049  

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 02-20-2009 at 07:05 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #53
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I was in a Ford Escape.
What an aptly named car...

Quote:
See photo attached. I scanned in the photo.
Seeing the pic makes it all the more amazing that you walked away from it with no serious injuries.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #54
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just saw this thread for the first time.

Wow. I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm glad you were able to walk away from the wreckage. I hope the friends you've been helping nearby, return the favor and make sure you're okay.

Be well. I mean it!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #55
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
I was in a Ford Escape. It turns out I made the front page of the Marble Falls newspaper.

I wouldn't have known, but when I went in to fill my Rx today, it was all anyone was talking about.

It still hurts too much to type for long. I'm going to take some serious drugs and go to bed.

See photo attached. I scanned in the photo from the paper. I'll post the others later.
Holy crap
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Holy crap
seriously.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #57
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

I don't know what you are whining about.

Replace everything from the drivers/passengers seat forward, and you'll be fine! The back tires look fine to me......

Some people just have to have something to complain about........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I'm not going to sue them. I'll take what the insurance companies give me and just get a new car. Believe it or not, except for the evil developer, I've never sued anyone. Got run over once ... didn't sue him. Was in a plane crash with an impaired pilot ... didn't sue him either. It's just not me to do that sort of thing.
What a delightfully refreshing attitude to hear in this litigious society we live in today. My congratulations, Ricky, on your pragmatic attitude, and I hope that you fully recover soon and are back with us.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
And note the label on the bottom of the fireman's vest ...

GOSHEN
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #60
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
You should label that: See what happens when you let a male chihuahua in the same room as a Great Dane bitch in heat?

Glad to hear that the recovery is actually taking place, even if slowly...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote