Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Obama Prayer Catalogue

Now, I am an unashamedly (and rightfully so) a supporter of Barack Hussein Obama. A lot of people would surely want to see him dead, but I propose this:
If I pray openly for his safety, and the safety of his family, I can do so until such safety is visibly compromised, and, as such, I don't have to feel bad unless he actually gets murdered or something. Until then, my prayer and admittance of such prayer should provide a pretty good "funny backer" to any actual Barack death. I really do like the guy, and I feel that a lot of sincere prayers might actually fractal out into real non-death for this most jeopardized candidate....we really need him...please pray for him.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
I would pray for him if I were of the religious persuasion. I do hope he will become the next prez, preferably without too many concessions to the lunatic right (silly but not funny).

So all of the best in the coming months in the us of a. You'll kinda need it ...
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I have no idea what a "funny backer" is .... and I don't believe in a creator deity, however, Mr. Obama has my vote in the upcoming election, and I certainly hope that no one is evil enough to murder the man simply because his father had dark skin or was Muslim.

However, that said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some right-wing, Aryan supremacy, nut case decided to do just that.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I have no idea what a "funny backer" is .... and I don't believe in a creator deity, however, Mr. Obama has my vote in the upcoming election, and I certainly hope that no one is evil enough to murder the man simply because his father had dark skin or was Muslim.

However, that said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some right-wing, Aryan supremacy, nut case decided to do just that.
Or some black power guy because his mother was white & therefore he wasn't "black" enough. Remember that racists come in all colors and all religions have religious nuts.

Actually I'm more concerned for the future of our nation when he becomes the president as I predict he will but without my vote.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Or some black power guy because his mother was white & therefore he wasn't "black" enough. Remember that racists come in all colors and all religions have religious nuts.

Actually I'm more concerned for the future of our nation when he becomes the president as I predict he will but without my vote.
Yeah, but I think that group will see it as some kind of forward motion having a president who is half-black.

I usually vote Republican, and did for president until they offered me this last Bush. That's where they lost me. McCain was my candidate until he made his stand on alternative energy research known. That's where he lost me.
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 05:45 AM   #6
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
It's a completely challenging situation for most Americans who are racist against blacks to deal with. Here you have a guy who is literally a complete racially defined American male who is exactly 50% white and 50% black. Even the fact that I list it off in that way is an indication of my own (probably huge) biases toward blacks.
Anyway
Not only is he exactly 50% black, but that blackness is pure African blackness and, hence, Obama has no real shared history with the black people from America here other than the time he has spent with other black people during his life.
Adding onto all of this are the Barack Obama rumors about being a Muslim and being the anti-Christ (a rumor that's taken more seriously that I can even handle, because it's really bad). You'll notice that almost any racist (yes.) smear search (except this one and several others) about Obama or really just any stupid topic will have Tampa, Florida as a top 10 search-containing city. If I had to guess who would try to kill Obama, it would look something like this if I were guessing:

-White
-Really white
-College degree
-Beard
-From at least somewhere in Florida
-Maybe ~30 years old...I'll go with 31
-Christian
-Thinks Obama is the Ant-Christ
-Wears a camoflauge jacket while he does it

It might seem kind of morbid to start taking stabs at who will try to stab Obama, but it's something that almost any informed person has been getting stressed out about. It really is incredibly hard to deal with the fact that this at least semi-decent politician might be gunned down, realistically, for being half black. I don't envy other Americans or even anybody everywhere who has to worry about this stuff, but I do feel a little better (bitter!) after talking about it for a minute here.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 AM   #7
spooky69
Stats:

I bet The Onion would do some funny articles about it, though
Old 06-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thread closed. This is in extremely poor taste.
Closed Thread