Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
10tklz
Edge User

LCD Screen Stopped Working

Lcd side stopped working entirely, including trackball light. The power button was still lit green. Held down power button to shutdown, then turned it on again. Lcd still didn't work. Removed then replaced battery. Turned on after that. But now the forums appear unformatted or something. What's going on?

Last edited by 10tklz; 05-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
10tklz
Edge User

I uninstalled most of the apps I've added since getting my edge, then shutdown and removed+replaced the battery again. Forums look normal again. I'm still worried...

Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Franky
Edge User

it looks like my problem. my lcd-screen is also hanging suddenly and without any reason. the reader screen continue to work.a special software update didn't help me much. i don't wanna alarm you, but i've got to find a way to get my eDGe back to Entourage.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
jedfrechette
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
my lcd-screen is also hanging suddenly and without any reason. the reader screen continue to work.
I was having the exact same problem. The trackball stayed lit and the e-ink side stayed responsive but the only way to regain control of the LCD was to reboot by pulling the battery. After rebooting everything functioned normally until the next crash. No third party apps were installed on my system. The system was shipped back to Entourage tech support this morning so we will see what they have to say.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
10tklz
Edge User

Hmm. I bet it would have stayed fixed if you had followed the algorithm I developed for fixing all complex electronic devices. It involves rebooting while cursing god and the day I was born.

Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
omagedon
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tklz View Post
Lcd side stopped working entirely, including trackball light. The power button was still lit green. Held down power button to shutdown, then turned it on again. Lcd still didn't work. Removed then replaced battery. Turned on after that. But now the forums appear unformatted or something. What's going on?
I get that about 3 times a day and I don't use it much at all maybe couple of hours. I just sent it back as I removed the third party apps and it still did it.

I should have known I got a bad one when it froze on me while I was typing my information to register it on the first day.

Contact Tech Support about this and you may gotten a bad one.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Franky
Edge User

i really would appreciate to hear what came out of the tech support. this is basically exactly what my eDGe is doing to. currently, I'm not able to send it back to them, because they've got trouble to send it to me. in the meantime i really need to know what the problems are and what they do to solve it. maybe it can help me to.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
jedfrechette
Edge User

The engineers are still looking at my unit. Apparently they were able to reproduce the crash but no solutions yet.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #9
rakista
Edge User

Solution, duct tape the battery into place becauae the contacts have a very low tolerance for jarring. When you want to remove battery just unpeel duct tape.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
omagedon
Edge User

Cool, I have the same problem Jedf and they have my Entourage Edge and they should have two devices that are doing the same thing.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
robot
Edge User

Git the same problem. Green power light, but eDGe doesn't work (no trackball light). I was unable to reboot, and the only way to get it back to work was to reattach the battery.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #12
omagedon
Edge User

Well, they replaced my Entourage Edge. Seems like this one is pretty good....except I think I got a problem that one of our other member have... The battery shows 50% only even though I left it charged for a longest time. Sigh!

But at least it doesn't crash every 1/2 hour

Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #13
Franky
Edge User

i downloaded Sendlog what could give the tech-people more information. unfortunately it doesn't keep the file of the foregoing sessions. maybe it will be changed, but for now it give you at least some info. i start sending the log-file to the tech support and i hope they can use it.

I found in all logs an "unable to read framework command and error processing framework". didn't hear anything yet from the tech. Support.

is there a "doctor" on the forum?

Last edited by Franky; 05-22-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: additional info