Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Question Slim cover, a la Kindle?

Are there slim covers for Kobo Glo that look like the one that Amazon sells for their Kindle?

The normal cover for Kindle Paperwhite is very slim and it fits perfectly around the reader, see this picture (from http://www.t3.com/features/amazon-ki...perwhite-specs):

http://media.t3.com/img/resized/ki/x..._cover_lif.jpg

The Kobo Glo sleep cover instead is not that slim and is bigger than the Kobo itself, wasting quite a bit of space and making the Kobo more cumbersome to carry around, see (from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2278292):

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9a18a02c.jpg

Speck has some similar covers but the Kobo page is not working anymore.

Do you know where can I find a cover for Kobo Glo similar to those sold with Kindle Paperwhite?

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-12-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: oversize images changed to links
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The Gecko Slimfit is very nice, with free shipping if you're in Europe
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
I second the Gecko Slimfit
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
nurse_horrible
nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nurse_horrible has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Kobo Glo
The Gecko Slimfit looks like the best out there. Anyone know about how well Gecko's shipping to North America works out (aside from costing €6.50 and taking 3-4 weeks)?
nurse_horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
ScottCaanFan
ScottCaanFan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/330874097572?#ht_3320wt_1397

this one was posted on another forum, looks very similar to the Amazon official cover.
ScottCaanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottCaanFan View Post
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/330874097572?#ht_3320wt_1397

this one was posted on another forum, looks very similar to the Amazon official cover.
Very nice cover, but it is not for the Kobo Glo.
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
It's ine of the reasons I swapped my Glo for a Paperwhite. The lack of slim £12 covers in lovely colours was the final straw. There are so many options available for the Paperwhite, it is a real shame that the manufacturers don't produce the same for the Glo.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #8
ScottCaanFan
ScottCaanFan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gioele View Post
Very nice cover, but it is not for the Kobo Glo.
Oops sorry my bad.. got confused by the title and the boards, as I have both devices and hang out on both the kindle and the kobo forums. *hangs head in shame*

I think then the Gecko cover is the only option as I haven't really seen any other Kobo Glo covers that resemble a slim kindle case.
ScottCaanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #9
e_kjellgren
e_kjellgren began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I bought this for my Kobo Glo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A54R9D..._31005151_dp_1

Works very well, even the magnetic power control.

/Evert
e_kjellgren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, kobo, slim