Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #46
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Anybody know the title of the movie? So I don't miss it when it comes out!
One Shot - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/

New interview and video with Lee Child defending Toms casting
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...930-1l0nh.html
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #47
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
Mickey Rooney is available

J
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #48
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
sort of reminds me of the casting for spenser for hire. they skipped over the fact that spenser was a massive bodybuilder - plus all his other physical features. hopefully the reacher movie will at least be better than the spenser series.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #49
glendalekid
Connoisseur
glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glendalekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505
Even Robert Urich was a better match than shrinking 6 foot 5 inch Reacher down to 5 feet 7 inches and a hundred+ pounds lighter.

They might be able to pull it off with this particular book in the series but not with most of the others.
glendalekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #50
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Oooh, melmac, Liev Schreiber! That's a great choice! I'm addicted to the Reacher series, read them all and listened to them all (bar the newest), and I can not see Tom Cruise. I like Cruise a lot, good actor and better movie star, but not Reacher. I'm still recovering from Cruise in Interview with a Vampire <shudder>.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #51
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
Oooh, melmac, Liev Schreiber! That's a great choice! I'm addicted to the Reacher series, read them all and listened to them all (bar the newest), and I can not see Tom Cruise. I like Cruise a lot, good actor and better movie star, but not Reacher. I'm still recovering from Cruise in Interview with a Vampire <shudder>.
I've seen him in Tropic Thunder most recently. It could be interesting.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #52
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I was thinking more of him as he appeared in Defiance

melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:37 AM   #53
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Unhappy It's a joke, really.

I think the "casting" says more about Cruise's somewhat confused perception of himself than it does about anything else !
Or do I mean over-inflated ego and...ditto... ?

Yes, that's the one.

He clearly sees nothing strange about trying to play a very large, charismatic one-man army - it would take a very good small actor indeed to pull off such a stunt, and that he ain't, victuaria has it right I think. Mind you, he may have money in the project don't forget, which could skew the whole situation.
Actually, I think Richard Grere would be better, certainly in the acting stakes - but still not the biz, and too old, as is Cruise.

Course, Polyfilla shares will go up ..............

Perhaps Cruise simply hasn't read the books - which doesn't exactly say a lot for what the scriptwriters have come up with to "tempt" him.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #54
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #55
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I think that Tom Selleck would do a good job; perhaps except for his age. He is a tall man and has a rugged appearance. Also, I think he can carry off the brutal unfeeling side of Reacher's character.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:17 AM   #56
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
lol jack reacher
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #57
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfry View Post

I think that's Audie Murphy ? With , umm.. oh bugger, it's on't tip of me tongue... Arlis ?

Murphy was, incidentally, the most decorated American soldier in WW2, unless I'm much mistaken - p'raps showing size ain't everything in real life....

I know the famous "box" / "trench" tactic was used for some shots, particularly if the romantic interest was on the statuesque side .........
Old 10-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #58
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post

I think that's Audie Murphy ? With , umm.. oh bugger, it's on't tip of me tongue... Arlis ?

Murphy was, incidentally, the most decorated American soldier in WW2, unless I'm much mistaken - p'raps showing size ain't everything in real life....

I know the famous "box" / "trench" tactic was used for some shots, particularly if the romantic interest was on the statuesque side .........
Who is Murphy -- the smaller one?? I was admiring the tall guy.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #59
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
James Arness
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #60
carpetmojo
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
James Arness
Close.........

And badgoodDeb - calm yo'sef, they'm gorn, sadly.

And interesting that their holster/draw position is nearly the same height, odd that..........
Short arms/long legs/stacked heels ........?

['Cept Aude M hasn't, unusually, got a gun..]