Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
YouTube Player Not Working on PE or EE

One of the new forum members (fiona05) said she is having a problem playing YouTube videos on her PE. I haven't tried the Tube Player in some time so I decided to give it a try on my PE and EE and the player no longer seems to work after Entourage shuttered their doors. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, any solutions or alternative players? I have FREEdi YouTube Downloader from Amazon and can Download as Video and play YouTube videos but having the play only option would be nice. I tried NextVid and I can play YouTube videos real time but I'm still playing with it to go full screen. It can be downloaded here:

http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...le.player_v1.6

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-18-2011 at 07:36 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/youtube
Seems to work for me.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
I tried this YouTube Player but I get no video. The YouTube application that comes stock with the Edge (Tube version 1.2.6) used to work flawlessly it now says Failed to Get Video.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I tried this YouTube Player but I get no video. On the Tube application that comes stock with the Edge and used to work flawlessly it now says Failed to Get Video.
Use the 1.3.x for Dingo and the 2.2.x for Ermine.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
I tried this YouTube Player but I get no video. On the Tube application that comes stock with the Edge and used to work flawlessly it now says Failed to Get Video.
Got same error you describe with stock player. The freewarelovers one has worked for me for a few random videos I tested.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard

Thanks. It worked. It just takes a few seconds for the video to start.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
...application that comes stock with the Edge (Tube version 1.2.6) used to work flawlessly it now says Failed to Get Video.
I get that, too. My trick is to tap the 4th button on the LCD side (forget what it's called) and once I do that the screen flashes and the youtube plays.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I get that, too. My trick is to tap the 4th button on the LCD side (forget what it's called) and once I do that the screen flashes and the youtube plays.
Cool!

Wait! Didn't you just get your eDGe the other day?? How is it you have tricks/workarounds already!?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
A large part of the problem is that youtube is 'upgrading' their content to require flash 10 and so on - things our older tube app can't handle. The items that haven't yet been 'upgraded' should still play while the others won't.

There may be a work round for this but that entails first downloading the video and then using something like QQ Player to view it.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
A large part of the problem is that youtube is 'upgrading' their content to require flash 10 and so on - things our older tube app can't handle. The items that haven't yet been 'upgraded' should still play while the others won't.
Good point. I had to download a newer version of FREEdi YouTube Downloader (version 2.1) from Amazon a couple of weeks ago because it wasn't working either. I just never tried the stock YouTube App until yesterday.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
If youtube is upgrading to flash 10 won't this cause us problems? Last time I tried to go up to flash 10 I got no joy. Or is there a work around now? Youtube has been a great source of how to's from plumbing to rooting and I'd hate to gradually get squeezed out on the PE.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Cool!

Wait! Didn't you just get your eDGe the other day?? How is it you have tricks/workarounds already!?
Happy accidents

On my new browser (Miren -- and thanks to the poster who suggested it!) youtube starts right up and plays fine. On the stock browser I get the sad message, then hit the back button and it plays. It's almost like it's saying, "haha...just kidding!"
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #13
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Happy accidents

On my new browser (Miren -- and thanks to the poster who suggested it!) youtube starts right up and plays fine. On the stock browser I get the sad message, then hit the back button and it plays. It's almost like it's saying, "haha...just kidding!"
Thanks. I also was able to make YouTube videos play using the xScope browser. Here are the links to download Miren or xScope:

http://www.4shared.com/file/XdfiVOIe/cnmirenbrowser.htm

http://www.4shared.com/file/aeYVtH7n...wser_v630.html

You can also use FREEdi YouTube Downloader free from Amazon (if you have Ermine installed and the Amazon App store installed) to download and play YouTube videos as an alternative.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #14
w1ksz
Connoisseur
w1ksz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket EdGe
The Freewarelovers Android app will not download. PE says the size cannot be
determined.

I have a new PE from WOOT with Ver 1.6 software. Does anyone have an app that
will play youtube videos ?

Thanks,

rs
w1ksz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #15
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ksz View Post
The Freewarelovers Android app will not download. PE says the size cannot be
determined.

I have a new PE from WOOT with Ver 1.6 software. Does anyone have an app that
will play youtube videos ?

Thanks,

rs
Are you downloading 1.3.x for Dingo? Try downloading the file via PC and then transferring it to the Edge using a USB drive, via cable, or wireless. I usually download all my Apps using my PC and transfer them wireless to the Edge. This way I have a backup copy of the App should I ever need to re-install or say downgrade to a previous version of an App if I don't like an upgrade or it doesn't work.