Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #151
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Forgive me, but what is the difference between using KCC and AWKCC in the first few posts? Does AWKCC contain the latest KCC within it somehow?
AWKCC use this same version of KCC as in the first post. AWKCC is only KCC gui + few improvements for Windows.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #152
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Thank you.

With a finished document is it supposed to display the images one section at a time, or just a quarter of the screen at a time? I tried converting a CBZ I had here and after pushing it across to my Paperwhite double tapping the page shows me the top left quarter, then the top right, then bottom left then bottom right. Is that the expected result? When I had Amazon send me a sample of the same book I could see the individual story images instead.

Am I doing something wrong? I used the main KCC gui, with default options.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #153
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Working as intended. This is Virtual Panel View.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #154
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Thanks. Works a treat in Landscape mode.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #155
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
AWKCC use this same version of KCC as in the first post. AWKCC is only KCC gui + few improvements for Windows.
Is there a Mac version of your program?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #156
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Is there a Mac version of your program?
No. AWKCC is Windows only. KCC work on Windows/Linux/OSX.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #157
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The comics I've synced to my Kindle Paperwhite all have a 'Personal' banner on them. Plus, when I edit the comics (eg. title name) the changes doesn't take effect on the device just Calibre. Is there a fix to that?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #158
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

2x No.

All methods that would remove "Personal" tag from text MOBI dont have any effect with comic MOBI. We not found any way to fix it.

Calibre can't edit title of this MOBI type.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #159
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
2x No.

All methods that would remove "Personal" tag from text MOBI dont have any effect with comic MOBI. We not found any way to fix it.

Calibre can't edit title of this MOBI type.
That makes sense. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #160
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Hi.

I've been using KCC for months and I've read many mangas since then. But there's a doubt that concerns me since always. I don't know the difference between upscale mode and stretch mode in AWKCC. I know their definition (AWKCC provides them), but I didn't get the idea.

All the mangas that I've read are thinner than the screen. I like when the page fits the screen completely without losing its resolution. So I enable both modes (upscale and stretch). Is it the better way to do it? Can anyone tell the difference between them?

What if I enable HQ Panel View? Will the resolution remain even the pages were stretched (I don't use Panel View)?

Tks.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #161
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

There is simple difference between stretch and upscale. Stretch does not preserve image ratio. It will distort image but that image will fill 100% screen. Upscale will try to fill entire screen but it will not distort image.

IMHO don't use stretch. If your manga don't cover entire screen - turn on upscaling.
If you turn on both all images will be stretched.

HQ Panel View just enable higher quality zoom.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #162
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Huumm... Now I understood. Thanks for the clarification.

There is no difference when I turned on upscaling because the problem is just the widht. So I have to go with stretching.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #163
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
KCC 2.10 has been released.
This new version brings the new shiny multiprocessing support (50% faster!), Kindle Fire support (color ePub/Mobi), support for horizontal Panel View and some minor fixes.
As always, enjoy!
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #164
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

AWKCC is updated too.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #165
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Thank you very much Ciro (and AcidWeb) for adding support for horizontal Panel View to your great software!!! The optimun becomes better!!!
And what extraordinary processing speed!! Many thanks again for sharing your hard work with us.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools