Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Music and the Fire HDX 2013

I notice that music can NOT be simply copied from one's PC to the HDX 2013. One must first install Amazon Music Importer. Then scan the PC for all sound files. Then select which songs to upload to the cloud.

Only then can one open the HDX and download it from the Cloud.

When I tried to just copy one song direct from the PC to the HDX 2013, I got a warning that the file may not even be visible and it would not play.

Amazon allows all purchased songs free but charges $ 25 per year if one exceeds 250 non-Amazon purchased songs. I presume they make a few extra bucks by blocking direct copying.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I will have to try this and get back you.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I also notice that lots of songs I purchased from Amazon are NOT in the cloud. I had to import them. I'll have to get to CS to get some credits for those songs so I don't go over the 256 limit.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay all I did was plug my HDX via USB then drag a folder of music into the music folder via Windows Explorer. It immediately showed up and works fine on the music tab.

I say try again. There is no need to go through the cloud player I didn't need to.

Also my songs are all showing that are on the cloud. It could be your unit acting up as my first did with audiobooks but a factory reset fixed it right up.

If you keep having trouble use May Day that's what it's there for.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard

Same problem with HD 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay all I did was plug my HDX via USB then drag a folder of music into the music folder via Windows Explorer. It immediately showed up and works fine on the music tab.

I say try again. There is no need to go through the cloud player I didn't need to.

Also my songs are all showing that are on the cloud. It could be your unit acting up as my first did with audiobooks but a factory reset fixed it right up.

If you keep having trouble use May Day that's what it's there for.
I remember I had the same problem with my HD 2012. I could sync songs from Windows Media Player but could not copy songs to the HD.

It could be my MediaMonkey software has configured my PC that way. My last PC had the same problem.

Anyway, I started using that Amazon Music Importer and will continue until all my 5 star rated songs from the last 20 years are in there. Frankly, I doubt I will reach the 250 free maximum since about 20% have been recognized as Amazon purchases but the other 80% has not even though almost all were purchased from Amazon.

I want to get everything I like on the Cloud now which will make it easier when I buy next year's File.
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I'd Just pay the $25 for premium it's well worth it. I've been a member for two years and have over 3000 songs uploaded. I love I can access my music from anywhere including my TV on my Roku.