Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #61
papa4ahe
papa4ahe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Renaming mobidedrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
How are you renaming it? Just right click on the file in Explorer and choose rename... type in mobidedrm.py and press enter.

BOb
I did that. Went to cmd python25 which contains the script and did dir*.py and nothing was found. Then did dir*.txt and there it was. Mobidedrm.py 0.02.txt
So I have tried to rename on the command line and in explorer. What next? Thanks for helping.
lar
papa4ahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #62
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa4ahe View Post
I did that. Went to cmd python25 which contains the script and did dir*.py and nothing was found. Then did dir*.txt and there it was. Mobidedrm.py 0.02.txt
So I have tried to rename on the command line and in explorer. What next? Thanks for helping.
lar
If this is the name of the file: "Mobidedrm.py 0.02.txt"

You need to rename it: "Mobidedrm02.py"
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #63
papa4ahe

File not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If this is the name of the file: "Mobidedrm.py 0.02.txt"

You need to rename it: "Mobidedrm02.py"
I renamed it as suggested and ran dir *.py and got "file not found". However, it no longer shows up as a .py .txt file. It just doesn't show up. Isn't this fun? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I renamed it as suggested and ran dir *.py and got "file not found". However, it no longer shows up as a .py .txt file. It just doesn't show up. Isn't this fun? Thanks so much for your help.
If you are using explorer to rename it, then you will see it in your explorer window. If you use explorer to view that directory, you should also see it there.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #65
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I suggest you download Python 2.6.
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #66
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
lar
Apparently you didn't rename it properly. Do a rename in explorer again... right click on file, choose rename... then right arrow until the cursor is right after the "y" and then press the delete button until the " 0.02.txt" is deleted, then press enter.

You should now see it in explorer as "mobidedrm.py".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #67
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I suggest you download Python 2.6.
Won't affect renaming the file though.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #68
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Won't affect renaming the file though.
No, but mobidedrm was included with the files when I downloaded it.

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-01-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #69
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No, but mobidedrm was included with the files when I downloaded it.
What? You are saying that the mobidedrm.py script is included in the python2.6 installer download?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #70
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
What? You are saying that the mobidedrm.py script is included in the python2.6 installer download?
I take that back. I don't know how I got a copy of it. I have python 26 installed in Vista and in XP. For some reason I have it on Vista but not XP and I don't know where I got it.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #71
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Apparently you didn't rename it properly.
I'm not sure if rename shows the filename extension if they are "hidden". If you select "Folder Options" in Windows Explorer, then "View", and clear the "Hide extensions for known file types" box you'll then definitely see the extensions.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #72
papa4ahe

Quote:
Apparently you didn't rename it properly. Do a rename in explorer again... right click on file, choose rename... then right arrow until the cursor is right after the "y" and then press the delete button until the " 0.02.txt" is deleted, then press enter.

You should now see it in explorer as "mobidedrm.py".

BOb
In Explorer, I now see mobidedrm02.py but if I try to run it the message is "not recognized as an internal or external command." So something is missing or I'm missing something.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #73
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
In Explorer, I now see mobidedrm02.py but if I try to run it the message is "not recognized as an internal or external command." So something is missing or I'm missing something.
Have you had a chance to read the Visual Kindle Guide? It will teach you how to run python scripts. You should check out the beginning of KindlePID to learn how to put the python scripts in your path and KindleFIX as a mirror on what you're trying to do.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #74
papa4ahe

Still trying to rename

Quote:
Have you had a chance to read the Visual Kindle Guide? It will teach you how to run python scripts. You should check out the beginning of KindlePID to learn how to put the python scripts in your path and KindleFIX as a mirror on what you're trying to do.
I read all of that before and have just reread it again. I just don't see where I have done anything different. I downloaded python26 but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Still says not recognized as an internal or external command. One thing maybe: When I type mobidedrm on the command line, shouldn't I see something happen or do I actually have to have a book in place before anything at all happens. With clit, I got several messages before I ever tried a book. And it works just fine. Why should this be any different? Any more suggestions. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #75
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I read all of that before and have just reread it again. I just don't see where I have done anything different. I downloaded python26 but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Still says not recognized as an internal or external command. One thing maybe: When I type mobidedrm on the command line, shouldn't I see something happen or do I actually have to have a book in place before anything at all happens. With clit, I got several messages before I ever tried a book. And it works just fine. Why should this be any different? Any more suggestions. Thanks again for all the help.
If you just entered the script name (including the ".py" part) at the command prompt and hit enter, you would get instructions on how to write the command.