Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #121
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
If your hand cramps from using the skinny stylus (like mine does), you can pick up the the Wacom Bamboo Feel stylus for Galaxy Note.

There are two different versions of the Bamboo Feel stylus, regular (model CS300UW) and a specific model for the Galaxy Notes (model CS300UW2). There is some confusion, as the regular model is marketed as compatible with the Galaxay Note 10.1 as well as Windows 8 tablets.

Being stupid, (and not being able to find the Galaxy Note version available outside of Japan, no delivery to Canada ), I opted for the regular model. Works great with my Note 1 phone, but has a 2.5mm offset with my Note 8 . Conversely, my Note 8 stylus has an offset in the opposite direction on my Note 1.

So, getting brave, I trimmed about 1.5mm off the back of one of the nibs (it comes with 3) and found that the offset has almost disappeared (0.3 to 0.5mm left). I can work with this. Great for writing and taking notes, just okay for precision drawing.

So if - like me - you live in one of the armpit countries of the world that no-one wants to deliver to and you can't find the CS300UW2 model, the CS300UW model will work. How much better the CS300UW2 model works with the Note 8, I have no idea.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #122
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I have Samsung's BT stylus. It is about the same size and is very comfortable to hold and write with. I don't draw on mine so even if it would be off a tad I don't Think it would bother me, luckily it seems that Samsung's own stylus is spot on.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #123
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
If your hand cramps from using the skinny stylus (like mine does), you can pick up the the Wacom Bamboo Feel stylus for Galaxy Note.

There are two different versions of the Bamboo Feel stylus, regular (model CS300UW) and a specific model for the Galaxy Notes (model CS300UW2). There is some confusion, as the regular model is marketed as compatible with the Galaxay Note 10.1 as well as Windows 8 tablets.

Being stupid, (and not being able to find the Galaxy Note version available outside of Japan, no delivery to Canada ), I opted for the regular model. Works great with my Note 1 phone, but has a 2.5mm offset with my Note 8 . Conversely, my Note 8 stylus has an offset in the opposite direction on my Note 1.

So, getting brave, I trimmed about 1.5mm off the back of one of the nibs (it comes with 3) and found that the offset has almost disappeared (0.3 to 0.5mm left). I can work with this. Great for writing and taking notes, just okay for precision drawing.

So if - like me - you live in one of the armpit countries of the world that no-one wants to deliver to and you can't find the CS300UW2 model, the CS300UW model will work. How much better the CS300UW2 model works with the Note 8, I have no idea.
Yup, the stylus models of the Bamboo Feel which are noted by Wacom to be compatible with the Note 8 are: CS-3002 & CS-3002W (or some how with "W" added to the code near the end). But it is the 4-digit code number that seems key to getting the correct stylus version.

For others the Bamboo Feel Carbon is NOT noted on Wacom's compatibility page as compatible with the Note 8. So probably best to avoid that option as well.

I like the feel (ouch sorry) of this stylus a lot. As I have hand problems too I need a fatter heavier stylus for when I want to write for longer periods. I know there is a stylus holder on Amazon that actually holds (it also comes with an extra) the original Samsung Note 8 stylus, A few users commented there were issues so I did not want to roll the dice on that option right away. I do like that on the Bamboo Feel stylus we can change the tip rather than replace the whole pen if the tip becomes damaged somehow. And it comes with a soft and a harder tip so we can each decide what we prefer.

Boy this stylus makes the Note 8 feel like I am back using my beloved Sony Clie from a decade ago. I missed that level of interaction and feel a lot more at home with the Note 8 than my Asus Transformers, Kindle Fire or even my LG Motion phone. I sense my next devices will have to be either the new Note 10.1 when released or the Note 3 phone. We'll see though as things change and I sense we might be seeing a shift of winds in the area of touch interaction. Sooner rather than later the pen might just return.

At least you found a solution to the offset. Nicely done.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #124
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I have a new favorite program on Note 8. It's called TouchDraw. I use it to build diagrams, mind maps etc... Apart from LectureNotes this is now my second most used program on the tablet. Like LectureNotes the learning curve can be steep for the more advanced things you can do, but boy this program can do some pretty advanced stuff. I like that it's vector based and that you can move everything around on the canvas, very practical.

Pen support is there under settings.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-07-18-17-02-30.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	108345

Quote:
TouchDraw is a vector 2D drawing and diagramming application for Android.

TouchDraw gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. What makes TouchDraw especially valuable is that it allows you to not only create complex graphics, but to change them easily as well.

TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
Link to app:
* https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ouchdraw&hl=en

They have a lot of YouTube tutorials that helps to get a better grasp on what can be done:
* Tracing a shape and using fills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZDuBPUgcck
* Simple shape creation and selections mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9Xl2LncEo
* Connectors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2psD0JUUlo
* Text editing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGEhYr46ow
* Joining lines to create a shape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gH4O03Sy_0
* Variables and dimensioning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxYElxWZqow
* Creating a swimlane diagram: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOe5Y9JV95A

Last edited by thinkpad; 07-18-2013 at 11:14 AM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #125
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've always wanted an app that let's you take photos of a room and then creates a 3D drawing that you can use to furnish it. Perfect off it was integrated with furniture sites do you could access their inventory and make up some options before shopping.
Advert
Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #126
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I've always wanted an app that let's you take photos of a room and then creates a 3D drawing that you can use to furnish it. Perfect off it was integrated with furniture sites do you could access their inventory and make up some options before shopping.
Get IKEA to develop one
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #127
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Get IKEA to develop one
They didn't, but someone else did*.

http://thefurnishapp.com/index.html

*no drawings, though.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They didn't, but someone else did*.

http://thefurnishapp.com/index.html

*no drawings, though.
Well, I'll be...
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #129
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord

Quote:
Well, I'll be...
A monkey's uncle?? Of course you would be!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #130
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
A monkey's uncle?? Of course you would be!
...good one
Old 07-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #131
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
...good one
Then I'm a monkey's auntie, unfortunately it is georestricted. Deja vu all over again.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #132
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Then I'm a monkey's auntie, unfortunately it is georestricted. Deja vu all over again.
Don't you guys have snow monkeys up there? Japan does
Old 07-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #133
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Don't you guys have snow monkeys up there? Japan does
Those are the world's most northerly monkeys. So their auntie when I'm there.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #134
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Have you looked at this app, Floor Plan Creator:
* https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #135
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Not bad. Will have to study it. I like the camera feature,