Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there any eink reading device that doesn't bog down at all with hundreds of eBook?
Why should it bog down? The Cybook for example does not bog down with hundreds of books to my knowledge. I think the opposite question is more reasonable. Which units have software implemented in such a bad way that it cannot handle hundreds of books?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I wouldn't keep hundreds of books on my readers anyway, why?? I keep about a dozen or so on the reader at one time and the rest of the books backed up on my computers and on memory cards.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I wouldn't keep hundreds of books on my readers anyway, why?? I keep about a dozen or so on the reader at one time and the rest of the books backed up on my computers and on memory cards.
Well, you can proably read a couple of hundreds short stories on a vacation trip if you are a short story reader. They are often available as one or more html files and the easiest way is just to download them.

I feel that people asking "why" is trying to justify a limitation. There are perfectly valid reasons to want to do it and you should not think that just because you cannot think of a reason there cannot be a reason.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I now have close to 1000 books on my Kindle, most I've read but I like to keep them on the Kindle as another form of backup.

Honestly, I've had no problems with freezing and if I remember to move the book I'm reading from the SD card to the Kindle no appreciable slowdowns with loading.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #20
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I feel that people asking "why" is trying to justify a limitation.
Absolutely, I agree.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #21
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I will happily admit that I am a little on the obsessive/compulsive side and that might explain why I feel compelled to put more books than i need on the device.

I probably will stop at about 200, but my current compulsion is to edit the files in the Mobi Reader so that all the books list with the correct title and author.

I do hope that in future versions of the software, we can have books on the device that can be manipulated but by default don't show up in the list of books on the device.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote