Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-31-2009, 03:10 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysax View Post
An Apple tablet that would be like an iphone or ipod touch but larger would be a very cool device, but for me it would not be acceptable as an ebook reader. I do find it easier to read on a tablet than a regular PC screen, but it still isn't good enough. I love my tablet PC, but anything I want to read with concentration over a period of time goes on my Kindle, even legal documents and software manuals.

I signed up for the DX the first minute that I saw it announced, and it is hard to wait for it.
Any reason you didn't consider the iRex DR1000S? You can buy that right now, and it does a heck of a lot more than the Kindle will.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysax View Post
An Apple tablet that would be like an iphone or ipod touch but larger would be a very cool device, but for me it would not be acceptable as an ebook reader. I do find it easier to read on a tablet than a regular PC screen, but it still isn't good enough. I love my tablet PC, but anything I want to read with concentration over a period of time goes on my Kindle, even legal documents and software manuals.

I signed up for the DX the first minute that I saw it announced, and it is hard to wait for it.

Welcome to MobileRead, Katysax.

Have you voted in our poll? Click on the link...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #18
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Can't remember where (I think CNN Business/Money) - but I did read an article last week stating that Apple had announced 2010 as the earliest launch for their tablet, and that Amazon rushed its DX announcement to lure people into pre-orders - anything definite in 2009 beat a promise in 2010. And to establish a pricing point for Apple to deal with.
[highlighting above is mine]

I recall reading similar - even the source sounds right - except for the "Apple...announced" bit. I think this was more under the "informed rumours" heading than any official advice from Apple, though I will happily stand corrected (well, humbly sit at least).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 AM   #19
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
/me still dreams of the Hanlin V9
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
[highlighting above is mine]

I recall reading similar - even the source sounds right - except for the "Apple...announced" bit. I think this was more under the "informed rumours" heading than any official advice from Apple, though I will happily stand corrected (well, humbly sit at least).

Cheers,
Marc
Since I was dredging this from a memory, you may be totally right as to "informed rumor" - officially announced by the author of the article. Until I (or someone else) can resurrect the article, I will happily accept your correction - sitting or standing!

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #21
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
BREAKING:

This item will be released on June 10, 2009.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
so gideon, happy now? they are releasing it Before summer even begins.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #23
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'm happy.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I guess that means the flexible screen theory is out?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #25
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Woohoo! I am happy indeed. That means I get to read all summer on a big screen!

I am going to miss the form-factor of the k2. Reading in bed will no doubt be much harder with the KDX. But I have such an enormous aversion to reading things on the screen that I'll never read a ton of the journal articles and such I've collected if I don't get one.

And I'm not printing them!

Of course, if Apple announces something this week - I'll reconsider, depending on the details, timeline, etc.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #26
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Gideon, that was pretty funny, you posting this and on the heels of your post, the announcement. Good timing!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #27
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I thought it might be around the 10th, but only because while my Kindle had no ship date, my warranty was saying it was going to ship around the 10th since day one. I was just hoping it wasn't a fluke!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote