Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
SamL
I mess around with Epubs
SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SamL once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: mac, ipad, nook, kindle
Loading eBooks to Google Play Issue

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I didn't see anything on Google Play reading anywhere else.

Has anyone had any issues loading books to Google Play?

The started allowing people to manually load ePubs and PDFs on Google Play back in May.

For some reason, as of this week, any epub or PDF I load will not open, I get a 404 error. All the free books I have tested on Google Play (that they provide) still work fine.

Does anyone know if there was a recent update to Google Play or anything like that? Has anyone figured out what causes these 404 errors when opening books in Google Play?

Any help is appreciated.
SamL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Since Google Play is really an Android app the correct place to post this is the Android section to find the Android experts. I moved it for you.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have loaded a few books with out any issues this week.

I just did another eBook upload to Google play books and I was able to open it and read from the book.

Last edited by cvkemp; 01-31-2014 at 11:51 AM.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Have you tried doing a "refresh" from the android side? I've also uploaded a few earlier in the week and read some as of yesterday without that error.
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote