Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #31
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Is there an option to uninstall under Settings/Applications/Manage Applications for the applications you don't want? (Look under the "All" tab if they don't show under "Downloaded".)

If not, I'll bet you can redo the rc3 without the "gapps.zip". As I understand it, gapps is Google apps, which many people want. But I'm pretty sure pablob's upgrade will work without the gapps.

Anybody know if I am right about that??

I installed an antivirus app, whether I need it or not. It is called Antivirus, by AVG, and I don't remember where I got it -- possibly from Android market through my husband's Galaxy Tab.

Congratulations on getting the update to work!!

Last edited by Filark; 01-09-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #32
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
If not, I'll bet you can redo the rc3 without the "gapps.zip". As I understand it, gapps is Google apps, which many people want. But I'm pretty sure pablob's upgrade will work without the gapps.

Anybody know if I am right about that??
Pablop's upgrade dosen't work correct without the gapps.zip.
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
it does but market does not work.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
ann264
Enthusiast
ann264 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Hi,
Yes under Settings/Applications/Manage Applications - All I can see everything that is on my PE, but when I enter the uninstal butten is grey, not actif, so can't uninstal or do I have to do something else?
By the way, the menu is verry jumpy, not nice at all.
ann264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #35
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

What google apps do you want to uninstal? I can take you trough uninstal procedure via Titanium backup.
install (via market, which by the way will not work after gapps uninstal) the Titanium backup. make a full backup on SD of all apps.
than you can start uninstaling whatever you want.
caveat. you can start experiencing issues if you unistal vital system apps.
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #36
pictishusa
pictishusa began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
updating to ermine help

ok , first have to say thank you to all you techy savy people very smart. i need a step by step procedure of how to do the update to ermine. i have the zip file copied to my netbook ,just so you know im running windows 7 starter,
so do i need to unzip the file and then rename the file update.zip? and i will be downloading it to a thumb drive ,i know i will have to format it to fat32 and make sure the file copied to the drive doesnt have the extra .zip, ok so now what do i do?
im not real savy at this techy stuff so baby steps if you will
i know this has been hashed out a million times and im sorry for asking again, i think ive read to much my brains on overload at the moment

thanks so much
Dave
pictishusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #37
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Dave! Are you using pablob's rc3 update from this thread? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159872

If so, you will want to unzip the file and read the instructions contained within.

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #38
ann264
Enthusiast

Does anybody know why the uninstal butten by all programs by manage applications are not activ? Is something blocking this?

Vicinc, I will made a inventory what I want to delete.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #39
vicinc
Guru

because are system files and not supposed to uninstal. but it can be done. I do not understand what you have against google apps.
having access to market and gapps is very helpful especially in Germany where amazon market is not working.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #40
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

It looks to me that you can uninstall all unwanted via Titanium backup.
Free download in the Market store.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #41
vicinc
Guru

this was my point. but why would you when you get the market working. is like getting your card downgraded. if you do not like a feature do not use. but is still there.....
Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #42
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi, I am verry organised. Everything I don't use has to go. It will take space that I can use otherwise.

How do I get some apps I downloaded on my desktop or the page behind that?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #43
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Google Apps

Instead of uninstalling the google apps, and killing the Android Market you can deactivate most of the Google functions in Settings > Accounts and Sync. This way you can preserve the important Google functions... be careful.... don't cut too deep....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...

You can put the files on your SD card or USB drive and install.

Last edited by Yivi; 01-11-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #45
ann264
Enthusiast

Hi,

I installed the games I downloaded, but I want them on the first or second screen when you start your PE.