Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Phonella
Enthusiast
Phonella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Font Size Change

I noticed that a book I converted today has headings in a larger font size than they used to be. Seems the settings are the same but they're definitely bigger. I like the smaller sized headings -- I wonder how I get them back?
Phonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre allows you to set a base font size, i.e. a font size for the body text. Headings sizes are rescaled to maintain the same ratio, as in the original file. Thus the heading size depends on the heading size in the original file. You can control heading sizes using override css, but to do that you have to understand HTML/CSS
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Phonella
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre allows you to set a base font size, i.e. a font size for the body text. Headings sizes are rescaled to maintain the same ratio, as in the original file. Thus the heading size depends on the heading size in the original file. You can control heading sizes using override css, but to do that you have to understand HTML/CSS
Yes I totally understand that. But what has happened between yesterday and today to change the H2 size. I routinely use Book Designer and yesterday's H2 is definitely smaller than today's. In fact I reconverted a book that I converted yesterday and there is a definite increase in font size in today's version. There is also an increase in size of BD's <SPAN id=title> tags.

I just need to know how to get them back to yesterday's size. Sorry for being so "qualitative".

I've attached a screenshot of the same file generated yesterday and then today in Calibre. Hope this better explains what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-1.gif
Views:	525
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	22171  

Last edited by Phonella; 01-27-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added image
Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you update calibre or has the change happened spontaneously?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Phonella
Enthusiast

Quote:
Did you update calibre or has the change happened spontaneously?
I'm on auto-update. There was a recent update.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And you're converting html files from BD directly into LRF?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
Phonella
Enthusiast

Quote:
And you're converting html files from BD directly into LRF?
No, I'm only using BD to format the html. Then I'm converting from html to lrf in Calibre.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonella View Post
No, I'm only using BD to format the html. Then I'm converting from html to lrf in Calibre.
Open a ticket on the calibre trac, assign it to llasram, and attach the HTML you're giving to calibre.

Kovid: I want to try out the bzr 'bisect' plugin to compare with git-bisect .
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
Phonella
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Open a ticket on the calibre trac, assign it to llasram, and attach the HTML you're giving to calibre.

Okay, I'll do that.

Done! Hope to hear back from you llasram!

Last edited by Phonella; 01-27-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Cool let me know how it goes, I was planning to do this manually but it would be so much easier with bisect
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Phonella
Enthusiast

I'd like to just close off this thread by saying that my strange occurrence with large font sizes from one day to the next was some sort of unreproducible anomaly. When I restarted Calibre the problem went away.

Nevertheless, thanks Kovid and llasram for quickly jumping in and trying to solve the problem.