Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #436
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Update error 3: you selected "restart" instead of using "Update your Kindle".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #437
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You forgot the most important one: the rescue pack - the bundled version was faulty at the time you installed the jailbreak, so you should have re-installed it, too.

BTW, I just uploaded a new version of the jailbreak installer, which includes the fixed rescue pack.

You got me. But I was having a brain freeze. What I wrote was JBbridge, what I meant was rescue pack. So I'm good. I suppose I could install the brand new JB that you just uploaded, for the heck of it.

Thanks for the heads up!
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #438
Abu-Usuf
Abu-Usuf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Check jailbreak status

Hi!
Don't surprise for my question, I'm a beginner.
I did downgreat PW firmware to 5.3.1 and jailbreak it. After upgreated it to 5.3.3 and when it starting i saw lettering "jailbreak". Then i update dev certificates and rescue pack one by one. Now when starting my PW i don't see letter "jailbreak".
How can i check wether my PW have jailbreaak or not?
Abu-Usuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #439
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You only see it that first time.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #440
Abu-Usuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
You only see it that first time.
So how can i know my PW is jailbreaken?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #441
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu-Usuf View Post
So how can i know my PW is jailbreaken?
There is no means, and no need, to directly indicate the "jailbroken" status. You will realize that your device is NOT jailbroken if you try to install a custom package, and it fails with error 007. Conversely, if you can install custom packages, then your device is jailbroken.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #442
Abu-Usuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
There is no means, and no need, to directly indicate the "jailbroken" status. You will realize that your device is NOT jailbroken if you try to install a custom package, and it fails with error 007. Conversely, if you can install custom packages, then your device is jailbroken.
Great! Thanks a lot!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #443
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Thx, 1 hr before I went from 5.3.3 to 5.3.1 to 5.3.3 to 5.4.4 ...
But it worked, noe I just wait for the jbpatch ... and would be happy with hypernation and margins only yet.
Not sure if you noticed yet, but hyphenation and margins ARE already working on 5.3.4. See here. It does require some copying. Might want to also disable and/or delete the dictionary and font size patch as they are not yet working on 5.3.4.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #444
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
I am, THX. Having it up and running since dear ixtab loaded the 2 packages.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #445
rabscallion
rabscallion began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you ixtab. I'm really grateful.
rabscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #446
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Hate to ask such a simple q- but here goes- does the 5.3.4 update break the jbpatch, requiring a re-installation?
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #447
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenH View Post
Hate to ask such a simple q- but here goes- does the 5.3.4 update break the jbpatch, requiring a re-installation?
See here...
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #448
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
See here...
Hi GoSharks! Thanks for the reply!

Hmm- so it does seem that a number of the add-ons need to be reapplied (certs are somewhat worrying?). Is it preferred to just re-run the JB code install method after upgrade for the average user? [or is there a new "upgrade" JB code that is suggested?]

What's the easiest route to a proper working jailbroken KPW after the 5.3.4 upgrade?

[I only have one hack installed- the screen-saver hack, so I have to go check on that also.]
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #449
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenH View Post
[I only have one hack installed- the screen-saver hack, so I have to go check on that also.]
With only the screensaver hack, it's not too bad:

Install each of the following one at a time:
From the first post of this thread:
Quote:
By default, the following "components" are installed:
  • The actual device jailbreak, i.e., the certificate which allows to install custom update packages.
  • The Jailbreak Bridge.
  • The Kindlet developer certificates. (standalone installer package here - re-installation required after firmware update!)
  • The Rescue Pack. (re-installation required after firmware update - INSTALL IT! One day, it might save your Kindle...).
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #450
AllenH
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
With only the screensaver hack, it's not too bad:

Install each of the following one at a time:
Hi Jimmy-Jim! Thanks for that info! Really appreciate it!

I was wondering if there was a method to how things were done here- if I apply further patches (like the application launcher etc.) is there a special order for updates if you were previously jailbroken after a firmware update? Things get a bit confusing here with so many varied threads to keep track of.

For instance, should the dev certs be first and then rescue pack and then any other package? That type of order?

Thanks again!